Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Arik Gilbert thread:
undertaker-wake-up.gif

Young is playing, and he has a lot more to lose than Hyatt, and will be in the crosshairs every play...he will get hit.

I admire him, and the contrast is stark to me.
You know I love you as a person, but next time you decide to say I have a "toxic poisonous" attitude because I want to see this team get better, remember you lambasted one of our own while praising a Bammer. Do you not think Squirrel White can adequately fill in for Hyatt? IF we lose this game, it will have nothing to do with Hyatt not playing. Nothing.

Congrats! My son was born last year. Not a better feeling in the world. Good luck on sleep!
Thanks. Edy sent me home to take a nap since we’d both been up all night and I don’t get a hospital bed lol. Now I’m wanting to head back but an 18 wheeler is flipped over at the interstate ramp right outside my complex.. just before 5 o’clock traffic. So I’m trapped in my apartment for the next hour or two 🤦‍♂️

Why is it a toxic comment? You just belittled one of our players, a guy who busted his ass to get better and get this NFL opportunity. My guess, if Hooker wasn't hurt and was playing, Hyatt would play too. But that's not the circumstances. Hyatt gave his all for Tennessee and now has the chance to represent us well at the next level.
He is not "one of our players" anymore..he quit before the season is over...he did. He didn't "give his all for Tennessee"....he held back something. He gave all for himself...and now he will reap the rewards...good for him,

I hope it doesn't cost us this game, because nobody is going to cut Tennessee and Heupel slack if we lose.

Reactions: hooter vol
Still no DeSean Bishop on the official page.
After hearing the talk about Bishop I'm not sure if this is a good pick up or just an average pickup. Wouldn't think with limited spots left that the staff would take someone unless they thought he was worth it. I am referring to the LA Law conversation about when they were working out details and LA said if he comes ok but if he doesn't want hurt.

Nope...quit on his team. Do you think HH would be sitting out?
No sir…changing his family future by making a business decision to sit out a bowl game is not quitting on his team. He gave everything to his team throughout the year on the field, in the community, in the classroom, in meeting rooms etc.

If he blows his knee out and has a Marshawn Lattimore type situation is career beyond Tennessee is ruined. He’s still gonna rep that power T and the university every chance he gets. Plus this gives those that we will be counting on next year the chance to get a great start in the game.

If this game means nothing...then what the 🤬 are we playing it for?...is it just a f'n exhibition? If that is all it is, then why the f should I even watch or care about it if the coach and team don't care about it?

I don't get this 🦬💩
Because it makes the guys that put the bowl game together a lot of money.
Because it makes the city of Miami a bunch of money. Also benefits airlines, hotels, restaurants.
Because it makes ESPN a lot of money.
Because it makes the SEC a bunch of money.
Because it makes the schools that are playing in the game a bunch of money.
Depending on the advertisers and sponsors, they'll stand to make a lot of money too.
Because it makes people with VP, Director, Executive, and President in their title a ton of money.
Because it activates incentives and kickers for coaches and ADs.
Which pays agents.

They're still figuring out how to make the players coin activated too, but when they figure that out the players will keep/start playing in these games too.

I'm not going to blame the players because a bunch of other people ruined bowl games and bowl season.

You know I love you as a person, but next time you decide to say I have a "toxic poisonous" attitude because I want to see this team get better, remember you lambasted one of our own while praising a Bammer. Do you not think Squirrel White can adequately fill in for Hyatt? IF we lose this game, it will have nothing to do with Hyatt not playing. Nothing.
I did not say you had a toxic poisonous attitude. If you actually read what I said...I actually agreed with you.

I said you are getting lumped in with those that do because you have been harping on the same stuff they have been lately.

If that wasn't clear....I apologize. I was typing that this morning as I was getting ready to leave for work and I was running late.

Reactions: Weezer
After hearing the talk about Bishop I'm not sure if this is a good pick up or just an average pickup. Wouldn't think with limited spots left that the staff would take someone unless they thought he was worth it. I am referring to the LA Law conversation about when they were working out details and LA said if he comes ok but if he doesn't want hurt.
Supposedly he's a PWO.

Young is playing for his team and Hyatt isn't. Hooker would be playing.

He quit one game short...and no I don't think Squirrel is at his level yet...only a handful of WRs are...he is one of the best WR in CFB.

It bothers me...money and selfishness ruin everything. I do not understand why it doesn't bother more people.

Also...it would be 100% different if he was battling injury or something like Ced. I could understand, but as far as I know there is nothing wrong with him...he just doesn't want to play.

Reactions: hooter vol
He is not "one of our players" anymore..he quit before the season is over...he did. He didn't "give his all for Tennessee"....he held back something. He gave all for himself...and now he will reap the rewards...good for him,

I hope it doesn't cost us this game, because nobody is going to cut Tennessee and Heupel slack if we lose.
He is one of our own. When he's playing in the NFL, are you going to say he's not a VFL? He is. Tillman is probably healthy enough that he could play, but he's choosing not to so as to avoid reinjuring himself. Is that quitting too? I just don't agree with you. There comes a point where the athlete's future outweighs the potential risk. My guess, if HH was healthy and playing, Hyatt would be playing, too. But Milton is a QB that Hyatt has a lot less familiarity with, and it sets up more of a risk for potential injury because of variables. In Hyatt's place, Squirrel will get to play, and he has a lot more familiarity with Milton, and Milton has more familiarity with Squirrel.

He is one of our own. When he's playing in the NFL, are you going to say he's not a VFL? He is. Tillman is probably healthy enough that he could play, but he's choosing not to so as to avoid reinjuring himself. Is that quitting too? I just don't agree with you. There comes a point where the athlete's future outweighs the potential risk. My guess, if HH was healthy and playing, Hyatt would be playing, too. But Milton is a QB that Hyatt has a lot less familiarity with, and it sets up more of a risk for potential injury because of variables. In Hyatt's place, Squirrel will get to play, and he has a lot more familiarity with Milton, and Milton has more familiarity with Squirrel.
he freaking scored 5 touchdowns on Alabama and was our first Biletnikoff winner. He's a VFL and McGill doesn't mean all that he's just pissed because he hates the system.

he forgot one of the golden rules

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back