Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the St. Louis Post-Dispatch

At Mizzou, Blair DeBord will conduct the search for the new Baseball coach. He’s young—just 32—but for the lack of a better term, a baseball guy. A decade ago, DeBord was an All-Big 12 catcher at Kansas State. He’s worked in athletics departments at K-State, UNLV, Tennessee and, most recently, Memphis. He ran the 2017 baseball coaching search at Tennessee that landed Tony Vitello, former Mizzou player and assistant coach who has built the Volunteers into a superpower. DeBord clearly knows Mizzou’s history: At Memphis, he helped hire head coach Kerrick Jackson, a former Mizzou assistant. Jackson’s pitching coach? Longtime Mizzou head coach Tim Jamieson.

If you’re Mizzou, you don’t hire DeBord unless he’s going to be instrumental in the search and hire. On that note, these four coaches could make sense as potential targets:

Matt Hobbs, Arkansas pitching coach.
Kerrick Jackson, Memphis head coach.
Rob Vaughn, Maryland head coach.

Rob Childress, Nebraska director of player development.

twss.gif

Reactions: Jackcrevol
A lot of the time, your US phone provider doesn't have coverage in other countries. It isn't that there is no cell service, just not through ATT or whatever.

Or worse, you CAN get cell service, but it is international and they charge you huge fees for it. When I traveled for work we were given sim cards and we certainly never went to any third world countries.
I've used AT&T throughout Latin America, though admittedly never in the Bahamas. However, their website says that they have coverage in the Bahamas. They have very affordable international passes or, if you have their premium unlimited plan, that Latin American overage is free.

We've used it throughout Latin America and never paid a dime over our usual plan costs.

I've used AT&T throughout Latin America, though admittedly never in the Bahamas. However, their website says that they have coverage in the Bahamas. They have very affordable international passes or, if you have their premium unlimited plan, that Latin American overage is free.

We've used it throughout Latin America and never paid a dime over our usual plan costs.
are you an Iphone user?

Typically from US to LA/MC/CA is free but not vice versa. That may have changed since open source/cracked open devices.

It stands to reason that ATT is more competitive internationally. Since Vodaphone sold its Verizon allocations, its
been a **** show.

It's a Nautitech 47 power cat. I'll take any tips I can get.
I'm Director of Operations for a charter company operating crewed excursions in the VI. I've also done several bareboat trips in and around the VI and Bahamas.

I know that make/model and assume you're bareboat chartering with Dream Yacht. Review the vessel carefully with the person in charge of your checkout. If there are any damages to the boat, make sure they're noted. I promise you, they will find everything when you check back in. Also, test the engines and generator while you have this person engaged. Make sure everything runs properly. Same for the watermaker (if so equipped). Make sure you understand the process of starting/stopping/maintaining all of these systems.

Also, be careful in the Bahamas. It's shallow everywhere -- and I mean everywhere. Don't navigate anywhere at night and follow your electronic charts religiously. I use Navionics on my iPad, along with onboard systems. Enter all harbours/bays slowly and have an extra set of eyes looking for reefs and other shallow places.

Lastly, enjoy yourself. It's truly the trip of a lifetime.

I'm with a certified diver. I've also used this think for a year. I appreciate your concern, for real and I respect what can happen. My ears can't take much depth. I probably wouldn't do it if it wasn't for being an experienced diver.
Your certified diver friend may be able to show/demo how to clear your ears. Bursting an ear drum down there can be serious.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
It's really hard, especially when you know that more is going on but they just haven't found it yet and aren't trying real hard to find it either. Every time he's been hospitalized, I've known fairly quickly whether or not the doc was going to do anything to help. Only one time have I gotten that at UT but every time we've had to use a smaller hospital it's been utterly useless beyond getting him stabilized.

As an aside.... He was so happy to see me today! Last night, I went home (I guess about 1.30 AM when it was clear he wasn't going to get a room any time soon) and I briefly woke him to tell him where he was and that I was going home but I knew he probably wouldn't remember it. Well, when he saw me today he was like a little kid. His eyes got huge and he said 'You found me!' As I mentioned earlier, he's still a bit confused and was worried that I wouldn't be able to find him where he was because he had no recollection of what had happened or how he got there. He was scared that something bad happened and that he might not see me again. He got in trouble with the CNA's because he's a fall risk and so has a bed alarm on but kept getting up because he wanted to hug me. He even said, "did you see how big my eyes got when I saw it was you?! I'm so happy to see you." It was great. 🤣
Man there really ain't nothing better than family,especially the kiddos..I mean in the end it's all that should really matter...Definitely will keep you all in our prayers.

I'm with a certified diver. I've also used this think for a year. I appreciate your concern, for real and I respect what can happen. My ears can't take much depth. I probably wouldn't do it if it wasn't for being an experienced diver.
If you do go deeper, go feet first and follow (pull yourself) the anchor line down. It’ll help with your ears. Get a pre agreed upon signal with your dive partner for sharks and have fun. I spear fish a lot so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back