Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Director of Operations for a charter company operating crewed excursions in the VI. I've also done several bareboat trips in and around the VI and Bahamas.

I know that make/model and assume you're bareboat chartering with Dream Yacht. Review the vessel carefully with the person in charge of your checkout. If there are any damages to the boat, make sure they're noted. I promise you, they will find everything when you check back in. Also, test the engines and generator while you have this person engaged. Make sure everything runs properly. Same for the watermaker (if so equipped). Make sure you understand the process of starting/stopping/maintaining all of these systems.

Also, be careful in the Bahamas. It's shallow everywhere -- and I mean everywhere. Don't navigate anywhere at night and follow your electronic charts religiously. I use Navionics on my iPad, along with onboard systems. Enter all harbours/bays slowly and have an extra set of eyes looking for reefs and other shallow places.

Lastly, enjoy yourself. It's truly the trip of a lifetime.
Your certified diver friend may be able to show/demo how to clear your ears. Bursting an ear drum down there can be serious.
Man there really ain't nothing better than family,especially the kiddos..I mean in the end it's all that should really matter...Definitely will keep you all in our prayers.
In addition, wear 100 SPF, a money belt under clothing, and long sleeves at all time. NEVER touch toilets and carry hand sani in your fanny pack. ALWAYS bring an extra pair of socks, preferably knee high as it helps with circulation. A hat with a strap and extra eye glass holders. Backup TP, socks, and even shorts to fit in fanny pack.

Lastly, have fun. May want to carry a machete just in case.

are you an Iphone user?

Typically from US to LA/MC/CA is free but not vice versa. That may have changed since open source/cracked open devices.

It stands to reason that ATT is more competitive internationally. Since Vodaphone sold its Verizon allocations, its
been a **** show.

The premium unlimited includes all of Latin America at no extra cost--unlimited talk, text and data within Latin America and to US from LatAm while there. It doesn't matter what phone manufacturer you use. I haven't looked to see if Bahamas is part of that, but it's been flawless throughout Central and South America.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Quick complaint about the mouth breathing fire hydrant pissers

They blabber on and on about how we only win with gimmicks and how they don't work against them because Kirby is such a genius blah blah

Ignoring that we had a million procedure penalties and their roster is ridiculously stacked and we just couldn't block them

They had maybe the most talented roster in the country while we had the 19th

So I looked back to see UGA's roster ranking for Kirbys first year in 2016

6th. 6th most talented roster in the country. Eight 5 stars 34 four stars, coming off a 10-3 season and Kirby only went 8-5.

Kinda looks like Kirby can only win with the deck stacked in his favor no? How many games he winning with scholarship reductions and the 19th best roster???

Last edited:
The premium unlimited includes all of Latin America at no extra cost--unlimited talk, text and data within Latin America and to US from LatAm while there. It doesn't matter what phone manufacturer you use. I haven't looked to see if Bahamas is part of that, but it's been flawless throughout Central and South America.
I cant imagine that it wouldnt be a legacy GSM/LTE Netowork with its European roots. Almost all of the world is GSM.

Edit: It is.

Quick complaint about the mouth breathing fire hydrant pissers

They blabber on and on about how we only win with gimmicks and how they don't work against them because Kirby is such a genius blah blah

Ignoring that we had a million procedure penalties and their roster is ridiculously stacked and we just couldn't block them

They had maybe the most talented roster in the country while we had the 19th

So I looked back to see UGA's roster ranking for Kirbys first year in 2016

6th. 6th most talented roster in the country. Eight 5 stars 34 four stars, coming off a 10-3 season and Kirby only went 8-5.

Kinda looks like Kirby can only win with the deck stacked in his favor no? How many games he winning with scholarship reductions and the 19th best roster???
He may have done slightly better than Pruitt, given the same circumstances.

In addition, wear 100 SPF, a money belt under clothing, and long sleeves at all time. NEVER touch toilets and carry hand sani in your fanny pack. ALWAYS bring an extra pair of socks, preferably knee high as it helps with circulation. A hat with a strap and extra eye glass holders. Backup TP, socks, and even shorts to fit in fanny pack.

Lastly, have fun. May want to carry a machete just in case.
715e9179891de377e847417459bba066.jpg

Love these coaches campaigning for things to go back to the way that they were. Oh, you mean when you were running an elite recruiting cheating machine that gave you an unparalleled advantage?

"Just give everyone a salary and make it fair" -- so you can go back to paying kids under the table?

"Tampering! Tampering! Tampering!" -- so you didn't have assistants to the assistants of the assistants reaching out to kids that you recruited but missed on to see "how they were doing"

This just all NIL's fault, right?

Ridiculous

Whether or not you agree with NIL in principle, it being the thing that ultimately corrupted recruiting in collegiate sports is laughable.

giphy.gif

Question for you @volbeast33. First, this is not a flame LOL, it is a legit question. You are on record as saying that baseball analytics say that batting average is unimportant. I am assuming that is because HR are up and analytics say you score more runs if you pay attention to that over BA. Recently, I read that stolen bases are up significantly this year over the last two years. This is from a May 3rd Athletic article:

Entering May 1, the average stolen bases per game is 1.8, which is a jump up from last year (1.4) and 2021 (1.2) and the highest number since 2012. The stolen base success rate, 79.4 percent, is among the highest in recent baseball history.

If batting average is not important, why are SB numbers up? Seems to me you are risking an out and losing a baserunner if some dude is going to score you on a 3 run dinger anyway. Just curious.

I'm Director of Operations for a charter company operating crewed excursions in the VI. I've also done several bareboat trips in and around the VI and Bahamas.

I know that make/model and assume you're bareboat chartering with Dream Yacht. Review the vessel carefully with the person in charge of your checkout. If there are any damages to the boat, make sure they're noted. I promise you, they will find everything when you check back in. Also, test the engines and generator while you have this person engaged. Make sure everything runs properly. Same for the watermaker (if so equipped). Make sure you understand the process of starting/stopping/maintaining all of these systems.

Also, be careful in the Bahamas. It's shallow everywhere -- and I mean everywhere. Don't navigate anywhere at night and follow your electronic charts religiously. I use Navionics on my iPad, along with onboard systems. Enter all harbours/bays slowly and have an extra set of eyes looking for reefs and other shallow places.

Lastly, enjoy yourself. It's truly the trip of a lifetime.
Great advice. We've actually discussed the damage stuff. They say they are diving to inspect the hull on leaving and returning. We're talking about video ing the boat inside out with a gopro before we leave.

I have experience in the Bahamas. Not this big of a boat nor the distance traveled but I know the dangers of the coral heads. My biggest concern is anchoring. I don't have much experience anchoring. Not only the procedure but the location and consideration for wind, wave, current and tide. Any little tid bits here?

I'm in the marina manufacturing business. We build much larger boats than this one. Very similar style just not for offshore use. I'm very familiar with the operation of all the systems on the boat.

If you do go deeper, go feet first and follow (pull yourself) the anchor line down. It’ll help with your ears. Get a pre agreed upon signal with your dive partner for sharks and have fun. I spear fish a lot so if you have any questions let me know.
I've only spearfished once. The guns were old and I didn't do well. Spearguns are illegal in the Bahamas so I did purchase an Hawaiian sling. I'll definitely reach out with questions.

Reactions: Volbucky
iPhone makes GSM and CDMA. I guess that's why your question didn't register. It's not a manufacturer issue. It's a network issue.
Correct. He is swapping out a sim card in order to avoid paying ATT a higher data plan. regional providers typically charge less, the trade off is using a different number.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back