Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
people in this forum spend a lot of time arguing about stupid $hit

200w.gif

I find golf extremely boring. Maybe a tick above Nascar, but from all my reading about LIV and PGA I've been extremely confused by the white knights. People acting like the PGA Tour was some kind of holy entity.

Well, I did thoroughly enjoy going to the Korn Ferry tour in Knoxville. Watching guys fighting to make it to the PGA. Only problem is that I can barely walk now (up and down so many hills). As for the PGA, I enjoy watching specific players progress and it's actually not too distracting while I work.

I'll play advocate a bit...

For regionals Southern Miss just missed hosting and was basically the 17 seed. I don't think the NCAA really cared about what happened in the regionals. They took those original seedings and just made the super host whoever was the higher seed going into regionals.
I think you’re right

I agree!…behind curry though..nothing to write home to momma about 🤣

The best examples of "Kerr helping them" to me at least are Klay and Green, to their credit I think both of those guys realize going anywhere else would only temporarily improve their bank accounts.

Klay is a good player with good size, but I can't think of any other team where he'd get the same sort of minutes and production that he gets with the Warriors.

Green is undersized to be a 4 and not athletic enough to play the 3, not sure any other team in the NBA would give that man 28.8 mpg and I feel like the bulk of his production in rebounding and assists just comes because of the fact he's getting so many minutes. (and the MPG is really higher than his average because his first 2 seasons were so low, he's only had 2 seasons since with less than 31+ mpg).

I'm curious to see how that roster changes with Curry, Klay, Green all in their 30s now and starting to get bit by injuries. Poole isn't anywhere near good enough shooting to replace the production of Klay or Curry and Wiggins despite only being 27 has a lot of wear on the tires which I think is part of why he only played 37 games this year.

Built off the draft originally...and now they seem to keep missing

2022: Baldwin Jr
2021: Moody
2020: Wiseman (bust, traded)
2019: Poole
2018: Evans (bust, traded)

I find golf extremely boring. Maybe a tick above Nascar, but from all my reading about LIV and PGA I've been extremely confused by the white knights. People acting like the PGA Tour was some kind of holy entity.

In truth, how they run their sport is laudable, in many respects. But it wasn’t run in a way that’s compatible with the “big business” reality of modern-day professional sports, and it made them especially vulnerable to exactly the sort of threat that the LIV posed: a for-profit entity with bottomless pockets who would overpay for talent in the short-term.

I get why the golfing public won’t like this move, but frankly, the PGA had no choice. The LIV was about to swallow them whole. (Or maybe they already have…)

In truth, how they run their sport is laudable, in many respects. But it wasn’t run in a way that’s compatible with the “big business” reality of modern-day professional sports, and it made them especially vulnerable to exactly the sort of threat that the LIV posed: a for-profit entity with bottomless pockets who would overpay for talent in the short-term.

I get why the golfing public won’t like this move, but frankly, the PGA had no choice. The LIV was about to swallow them whole. (Or maybe they already have…)
I think they just did….

I just don't know if the regionals is going to really be enough to improve your stock to change seeding minds.

We went 3-0, but also only beat 2 teams. Clemson was a big win I agree especially with it being a home game for them. Charlotte had a worst W-L % than every team Southern Miss faced so I don't think those 2 wins moved the needle much.

Southern Miss went 4-1 and had to play and beat all 3 teams in their regional. None of their wins were better than ours against Clemson, but all of them were as good or better than Charlotte.

The best examples of "Kerr helping them" to me at least are Klay and Green, to their credit I think both of those guys realize going anywhere else would only temporarily improve their bank accounts.

Klay is a good player with good size, but I can't think of any other team where he'd get the same sort of minutes and production that he gets with the Warriors.

Green is undersized to be a 4 and not athletic enough to play the 3, not sure any other team in the NBA would give that man 28.8 mpg and I feel like the bulk of his production in rebounding and assists just comes because of the fact he's getting so many minutes. (and the MPG is really higher than his average because his first 2 seasons were so low, he's only had 2 seasons since with less than 31+ mpg).

I'm curious to see how that roster changes with Curry, Klay, Green all in their 30s now and starting to get bit by injuries. Poole isn't anywhere near good enough shooting to replace the production of Klay or Curry and Wiggins despite only being 27 has a lot of wear on the tires which I think is part of why he only played 37 games this year.

Built off the draft originally...and now they seem to keep missing

2022: Baldwin Jr
2021: Moody
2020: Wiseman (bust, traded)
2019: Poole
2018: Evans (bust, traded)

Personally think Kerr gets too much of mark jackson credit…Klay is a pure shooter not athletic at all in my opinion so I agree not seeing him get the minutes he gets now!…Green is just awful and talks too much jordan pool is overrated…he had one good year and got a big contract,hasn’t done much since…golden state needs another star in my opinion or good role players “multiple “ to go far in the playoffs..they have a thin bench as well..I’d make Klay and green a package deal if anyone would even take them and build around curry

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Joe Milton getting zero respect in The Athletic's "College Football QB Tiers" column out this morning (Stewart Mandel author):
Tier 1
Caleb Williams, USC

Tier 2
Drake Maye, North Carolina
Michael Penix Jr., Washington

Tier 3
Jayden Daniels, LSU
Frank Harris, UTSA
KJ Jefferson, Arkansas
Grayson McCall, Coastal Carolina
J.J. McCarthy, Michigan
Bo Nix, Oregon
Michael Pratt, Tulane
Devin Leary, Kentucky

Tier 4
Sam Hartman, Notre Dame
Dillon Gabriel, Oklahoma
Tanner Mordecai, Wisconsin
Cam Rising, Utah
Jalon Daniels, Kansas
Taulia Tagovailoa, Maryland
Jordan Travis, Florida State

Tier 5
Quinn Ewers, Texas
Will Howard, Kansas State
Joe Milton, Tennessee
Spencer Rattler, South Carolina
Jaxson Dart, Ole Miss
Jayden de Laura, Arizona
Riley Leonard, Duke
Will Rogers, Mississippi State
Kedon Slovis, BYU
Payton Thorne, Auburn
DJ Uiagalelei, Oregon State
Tyler Van Dyke, Miami
Cam Ward, Washington State
I'm not even necessary sold on Joe Milton as a full-season starter, and even I think that's laughable.

Reactions: VolNash17

Well, let’s say the Saudis started a football league that didn’t have a salary cap. They took half the NFL but had much different rules. Then, it forces the two leagues to merge and figure it out.

It’s somewhat akin to that, and I freaking guarantee you that people on here (who follow the NFL) would be pissed.

I don’t have to give a reason, but I don’t have to like it either. People who grew up playing a lot and are more golf traditionalists are probably upset. Fringe fans don’t care.

Give me the backstory to this as to why golfers are going to be pissed?…just the simple fact of the loyalty to the PGA?
Saudi Arabia murders people.
Saudi Arabia gets global blackeye after killing the journalist that made big deal about Saudi Arabia murdering people.
Saudi Arabia starts LIV to sportswash their image.
PGA sells out and disbands to become a part of the sports wash.
PGA no longer exists, having sold its historic legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back