Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Tigers US Open win at Pebble was the more dominant win considering the conditions, won by 15 strokes and nobody else even broke par....that was just an unbelievable performance...IMO the greatest Golf performance of all time.
Forgot all about it! Yes, pure dominance.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
In fairness, ankles are really hard to heal up 100%, Tillman was never 100% this year after the Akron game and I’ve sprained my ankle before, it took like 2 months before I could run again
In fairness, again, Tiyon Evans was a bum.

Reactions: butchna
I really think he had a legitimate shot at being an all-american if he had just kept up with his responsibilities and played when he was healthy. He had more talent than any RB we've had in a while.
There is very little evidence to back that up…. He didn’t have any good games here against decent competition….He didn’t win the job outright at Louisville….. He ran a 4.52 40….. decent but not special…..went undrafted and cut before training camp.

Thanks Behr, I *really appreciate that. I should just explain bc I don't want people to think that I just split.
The pancreatitis has lead to several other complications now, some just as serious. Once things started down that path and my scripts started getting kinda ridiculous, my wife decided she'd had enough (she left).
I'm trying to play dad and mom now and not in the condition to really do either, much less both. No time in any day of the week just to hang.
I really miss hanging around tho.

Anyway, please don't take this as a pity party! Just wanted everyone to know why I'm not here. Really hope to catch up with everyone soon.
Miss y'all.

Is there anything medically that can be done to help? If so, you know we’ll do what we can to help you get treatment…

I hope knowing we care helps a little…we miss you muchly

Last edited:
In fairness, ankles are really hard to heal up 100%, Tillman was never 100% this year after the Akron game and I’ve sprained my ankle before, it took like 2 months before I could run again
He had a slight ankle….. blamed it on tennessees offense…thought he should have the biggest nil deal on the team…. Terrible teammate…. They didn’t like him…. Glad he is gone.

In “fairness” ouchies in your ankles are hard to disprove…but he complained of them for two seasons with two different programs. I doubt he’d have been any healthier if he’d have stayed. So what could have been doesn’t sound like we lost anything but gained a roster spot.

Yeah, just not sure he does much there this year. It seems to take guys awhile to learn their offense and block well enough to get on the field. Kirby will play his veterans who know the playbook and can block for Bowers and the running backs.

I don't think Lovett or Thomas transferred there to ride the pine. I'm sure they promised targets but I'm not sure it will amount to what they expect.

We play utsa, austin peay, UConn as cupcakes. I’d like to schedule more home and homes with national programs. Like we did with Oklahoma. That was a lot of fun

We have to have a certain number of home games. We just finished home and home with Pitt. But with this landscape, we are only doing that once per season. UTSA and UConn aren’t FCS.

There is very little evidence to back that up…. He didn’t have any good games here against decent competition….He didn’t win the job outright at Louisville….. He ran a 4.52 40….. decent but not special…..went undrafted and cut before training camp.
I mean he had the physical talent to achieve as much. He just didn't seem to have a work ethic or enough desire to get it done.

DW got the ncaa to recognize them as champions…. He was swinging these at the ncaa.

View attachment 555869
What do you mean the NCAA recognized UCF as national champions? That doesn't sound right.

The whole thing was silly and only created mockery of them

Edit: Now I see what you're saying...for whatever reason it's still a footnote in record books which outlets voted..and this one suddenly just appeared that year 😅, even though it's 100% not how champions are determined any longer anyway. Stupid and more stupid. I'd rather we not recognize the ludicrousness of it all...but the ncaa will ncaa.

Screenshot_20230609_193222.jpg

Last edited:
What do you mean the NCAA recognized UCF as national champions? That doesn't sound right.

The whole thing was silly and only created mockery of them

Edit: Now I see what you're saying...for whatever reason it's still a footnote in record books which outlets voted..and this one suddenly just appeared that year 😅, even though it's 100% not how champions are determined any longer anyway. Stupid and more stupid. I'd rather we not recognize the ludicrousness of it all...but the ncaa will ncaa.

View attachment 555870
It's official: NCAA recognizes UCF's national championship in record book

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back