Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
His US Open victory at Pebble was more impressive than the Masters. Tiger finished -12.
2nd place was +3

15 shots................:oops::eek:o_O

I'd put that in my top 5.......
McGill said the same. I had completely forgotten his win at the Open...a lot of strands to keep in my head, man; a lot of strands in old Duder's head.

It's like if one team was AP champs and another team was USA Today champs. . . colley is recognized like them, apparently

Like in 2000 when Miami was NY Times champs

If you look close, there are a lot of additional national champs over the years
That’s how we got to our number and Alabama has as many as they do…. I read somewhere that UCF wasn’t going to be included but DW fought to get them included….. made me laugh at the time.

That’s how we got to our number and Alabama has as many as they do…. I read somewhere that UCF wasn’t going to be included but DW fought to get them included….. made me laugh at the time.
Yes but that's how it used to be determined, because you often did not have #1 vs #2 consensus teams playing one another and you had half a dozen outlets voting on the champion. It was the agreed upon ways of the time.

By 2017 we had a defined method of choosing the one champion. Writing them down as a footnote in some record book was nothing more than a nice little bit of lip service.

Regardless, no one did, nor ever will take it seriously. We all laughed at the time - which was my original point to Ulysses. Not sure anyone hated them, but their silly push made some began to...and the rest just laughed at them. Then they piled on by "hiring the better coach" in the Gus Bus and talking down of Hype as he left them for us. They're a joke and their fans have zero sense of football history.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We have to have a certain number of home games. We just finished home and home with Pitt. But with this landscape, we are only doing that once per season. UTSA and UConn aren’t FCS.
Yeah and that was a fun series. I didn’t say they were. Just that they were cupcakes. Plus you add vandy and Kensucky yawn.

51c.gif
I did that too!!! 🤪

Reactions: Glitch
I'm alive. Been inside exumas land and sea park with zero service. It's still crappy but I've got a little data.

We've had crappy weather the last 3 out of the 4 days. Winds blowing 20-30 kts. It's blowing out of the south and with the exumas running north and south that's leaves few anchorages that are protected. We've moved south to compass cay. Coordinates for those that are interested.

24.2792337, -76.5248243

We stayed two nights at the pirate's lair at Warderick Wells. It's was great until last night when 25kts winds from the south decided to get into a fight with 5kt current from the north. We were caught in the middle all night long. When we got ready to leave, our bridle was all twisted up in the mooring ball. After two hours and a trip in the water, we finally got it loose and headed out into 3-5 ft seas for 4 hr cruise south. As I'm posting from the bridge I'm in 20kt wind. I'm having a 🍸 to take the edge off. 😅

Tomorrow is a trip to Rachel's Bubble bath. And a cruise on down to Staniel Cay for some deisel and probably stay overnight at the marina and enjoy dinner out for a change.

Signing off from compass cay, exumas bahamas.

I'll try and upload a pic of my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back