Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skenes is a grown ass man. Some of you are acting like he'll be put on the mound against his will. Dude is a beast. If he says I'm ready, I say go get these 2 innings for us.

Well my kid would never play for you. You have to protect your players, even from themselves. That's why so many young HS arms get burnt now. Selfish coaches throwing these kids constantly.

They’re right though. It could be career suicide but LSU has a 2nd year coach who needs a notch on his belt & You best believe Skenes is already in his ear.

He didn’t lose velocity through 8 and was still throwing at 100mph.
How have you been? I remember you were sick a few years ago, I think. Hope you're doing well now.

Reactions: Orange. and SugarCC
I asked a question earlier and missed if anyone gave an answer.

If you have a pitcher go for about 7 innings and throws an average amount of pitches for that time, what is the general thought on how long he should rest?

Skenes for example. How long should he be rested for after playing against us?

Regular rest is 4 days. Some guys could go 3 days in a pinch. If Skenes pitches tomorrow, it would be 2 days. Pitching him at all is asking for some criticism, but pitching him more than 20-30 pitches is really asking for it.

Well my kid would never play for you. You have to protect your players, even from themselves. That's why so many young HS arms get burnt now. Selfish coaches throwing these kids constantly.
This isn't high school. These are grown men.

I love Rick & Morty by the way!

Reactions: Ttucke11
Exactly. Be careful though, the "ruin his career police are out tonight" because he pitches a couple innings. Funny, though, if Skenes played for UT they'd be like, "How do you not put him in when needed."

Not true…we know Vitello doesn’t do that. It’s a non-starter. I’m not sure if you are new to baseball or just think Johnson should throw Skenes when he wants to. See what Tim Corbin and Dave Van Horn have done the last few years. Van Horn pitched Kevin Kopps until his arm almost fell off. Vitello won’t do it.

How have you been? I remember you were sick a few years ago, I think. Hope you're doing well now.

That’s a great memory you have Enki. I have been great actually. I met the women of my dreams and I couldn’t ask for anything better. I started treating my health as a priority and I’m healthy as I can be now. I took a break from the board for awhile due to work… I’ll just never understand how companies can’t be fully staffed anymore.

Not true…we know Vitello doesn’t do that. It’s a non-starter. I’m not sure if you are new to baseball or just think Johnson should throw Skenes when he wants to. See what Tim Corbin and Dave Van Horn have done the last few years. Van Horn pitched Kevin Kopps until his arm almost fell off. Vitello won’t do it.

You said yourself, "maybe a few batters." Hahaha. That's all I'm saying. Jesus...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230619-203916.png
    Screenshot_20230619-203916.png
    252.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back