Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I haven't heard that term (NYCBL) in a long time. I was there in Cortland for 2 summers back in 90 and 91. Good memories.

I was in freakin Plattsburgh. Great times were had but definitely got worse at baseball that summer 🤣. I always wondered if all the players on other teams spent their time the same way we did. No host families for us, we lived at a small off-campus apt building where the only adult influence was our coach, which was basically the same as another player lol.

And now that I think about it, might’ve been Great Lakes League 2 years later we were teammates. Either way.

Man I hadn’t even thought of NYCBL until I saw him last night and I was like
giphy.gif

Yes and it's mid...
I thought the one about the astronauts was true to the first few seasons of Black Mirror.

The first episode Joan Is Awful was ok.

The one about the filmmakers and the one about the paparazzi were just short horror flicks. I get that they were pointing out what our society values and how callous we have become because of whatever technology/consumerism.

The best episodes of Black Mirror take place just far enough in the future to be speculative sci fi, and introduce something that could really happen because of where technology/humankind is heading. I think we were missing that this season.

Reactions: bignewt
Doe anyone here like to play Fantasy Football if so let's put a game together on this site.If someone can do that I will supply the prize at year end a gift card for xxx amount to the winners choice

When I lived in Dallas I played in a Big 12 only FF league; was absolutely wild. Would be fun to do a SEC only league

Reactions: knoxvol52
I was in freakin Plattsburgh. Great times were had but definitely got worse at baseball that summer 🤣. I always wondered if all the players on other teams spent their time the same way we did. No host families for us, we lived at a small off-campus apt building where the only adult influence was our coach, which was basically the same as another player lol.

And now that I think about it, might’ve been Great Lakes League 2 years later we were teammates. Either way.

Man I hadn’t even thought of NYCBL until I saw him last night and I was like
View attachment 558143

Lol I hear ya. I don't necessarily think I got worse playing up there, but I can definitely say I didn't learn anything I did not already know lol. We did have some host families if memory serves, but the majority of us lived in, I believe it was, 2 houses that a lady owned and rented out to college students during the school year, so we were pretty much on our own as well. I don't remember Plattsburgh having a team when I was up there though, so maybe they came in later?

Regarding knowing the coach, I remember that feeling back in the early to mid 00's as I played with a guy in Cortland that ended up being the head coach at Georgia for a while. Just nonchalantly watching the college world series one year and they showed him and mentioned the name and I did a double take. After playing with him one summer, there is no way in hades I would have guessed he would have ended up in a high profile job like that! lol

Last edited:
Where did you play college ball....if you don't mind me asking?

Don't mind at all. I played at USC-Aiken. They were NAIA my 1st 3 years there, then moved to division 2 my last year I believe it was, or maybe it was the year after I graduated. I'm getting old so the memory isn't as sharp as it used to be lol. Anyway, not big time by any means, but I was glad to be able to continue playing for a few more years and had some great experiences and great teams. We made it to the NAIA world series my junior year. Didn't win, but it was a fun experience!

We have a great x’s & o’s offensive mind as a head coach, and we have an apparatus that appears to be able to identify talent and recruit at a high level. 2 of the 3 pieces: ✅

I think we will have the talent this season to really judge our defensive playcalling. If that works out, it’s only a matter of time.

Well my kid would never play for you. You have to protect your players, even from themselves. That's why so many young HS arms get burnt now. Selfish coaches throwing these kids constantly.
I was coaching my brothers all star team at 20 and ruined my brothers arm. I had no idea about arm fatigue. Left him in to pitch for too long. I learned a lot about proper technique and form before coaching again.

Reigning champ of the Moran Invitational right here. Don’t know what prize could be more valuable than the knowledge that you’re the best Moran of them all, but I too welcome any additional gifts that would come along with another championship.

Also, there’s a Fantasy Football thread in the NFL forum. Might find some interested folks there.

Edit: @knoxvol52
Let's play I'm ready just let me know when the more the merrier,as far as a prize thinking a gift card for a couple hundred bucks to winner. Winner picks where they want it from that's the way I done it in the past totally up to you all

Last edited:
Don't mind at all. I played at USC-Aiken. They were NAIA my 1st 3 years there, then moved to division 2 my last year I believe it was, or maybe it was the year after I graduated. I'm getting old so the memory isn't as sharp as it used to be lol. Anyway, not big time by any means, but I was glad to be able to continue playing for a few more years and had some great experiences and great teams. We made it to the NAIA world series my junior year. Didn't win, but it was a fun experience!
I still say........My four years of college athletics was the greatest time of my life.
Anyone that got a chance to experience it, no matter what division, is very fortunate.

I played "mini tours" for about five years and enjoyed every moment.

@allvolrecruiting @MetalVolunteer

Purely informational, question. Seems like we are warming up on the trail, howvever, and seem to be keyed in on about 4 or 5 OT guys, like really at the top.

Where do you see us with fellers like Satterwhite, OConnell, Anderson, et al? Seems like we get to the alter with the beef, but...its time to changer er up

Reactions: knoxvol52
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back