Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
They know something

images

Listening to the VQ Podcast, and AP pretty much encapsulates the frustration I have with many of our talking heads. In one sentence he talks about Daniel Calhoun if we were to miraculously land him “looks like a guard”, two sentences later he laments about us needing “to go after some OT’s”! 😑 There’s never been a prototype bookend body that he and Cain haven’t projected as an IOL.

Listening to the VQ Podcast, and AP pretty much encapsulates the frustration I have with many of our talking heads. In one sentence he talks about Daniel Calhoun if we were to miraculously land him “looks like a guard”, two sentences later he laments about us needing “to go after some OT’s”! 😑 There’s never been a prototype bookend body that he and Cain haven’t projected as an IOL.

to be fair none of the OL guys we have and the guys we are projected to get are undersized for OTs.

Ronan/Anderson/Perry/Ginther all guard types. You can throw Heard there if you want, but he’s a project. I hope we can snag the OT coming in this weekend

Reactions: knoxvol52

Linemen are the most difficult for experts to project so there's that and while giving them respect for being information gatherers and reporters and at least informed more than the average person they're still not OL coaches .

Reactions: butchna

They basically predicted a repeat of 2022, except we lose @ Bama and trade the @ USC loss for an @ Mizzou loss.

I don't think we lose to Mizzou, but I could see us dropping a game we shouldn't this year. And honestly, I wouldn't hate this type of season at all. They have us at 6-0 heading into Tuscaloosa and 8-1 before losing @ Mizzou and then to Georgia at home the week after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back