Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
They basically predicted a repeat of 2022, except we lose @ Bama and trade the @ USC loss for an @ Mizzou loss.

I don't think we lose to Mizzou, but I could see us dropping a game we shouldn't this year. And honestly, I wouldn't hate this type of season at all. They have us at 6-0 heading into Tuscaloosa and 8-1 before losing @ Mizzou and then to Georgia at home the week after.
I think we’re likelier to lose to UK than Mizzou but yeah a head scratching loss wouldn’t surprise me either. They happen. 9-3 and I’m happy.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
9-3 is a fair prediction. I just don’t know if it’s reasonable to say L to Missouri though. More likely a team with higher upside like A&M, Bama, Georgia someone with a lot of talent and is unstoppable on the day Tennessee plays them. Don’t think that’ll be Missouri lol

9-3 is a fair prediction. I just don’t know if it’s reasonable to say L to Missouri though. More likely a team with higher upside like A&M, Bama, Georgia someone with a lot of talent and is unstoppable on the day Tennessee plays them. Don’t think that’ll be Missouri lol

Missouri is a trap for sure. We’ve kicked their ass the last 2 seasons and the end of the game last year didn’t sit well with Dorkwitz. If there’s a game that we slip up and lose when we shouldn’t, this would be the game.

I do think we get it though. We learned a lot from South Carolina last year. No gimmes

I'm really worried this year because last year set me up for really high expectations and years of BVS to tell me not to get my hopes up.
However, it is 15-0 until we lose one!

Then it's 14-1 :cool:

I want to win 10-11 games this fall, or obviously run the table, but realistically with our QB still technically not a full season proven and some new WR's, I'd be okay with 9 games this fall with the L's being super close... I personally don't think folks are giving our RB's enough credit and I hope they play with a chip on their shoulder... before Sampson got hurt, he was looking special, and so he and Wright, along with Small and others should freakin ball if our Oline performs at, or a little above average... should take some pressure off Milton the first few games. If Milton isn't afraid to go mobile each game, watch out...

Missouri is a trap for sure. We’ve kicked their ass the last 2 seasons and the end of the game last year didn’t sit well with Dorkwitz. If there’s a game that we slip up and lose when we shouldn’t, this would be the game.

I do think we get it though. We learned a lot from South Carolina last year. No gimmes
And hopefully we don't have any lockerroom drama that deflates the team, has them at odds with each other, and has our defensive leader sitting at home. At least, that was the rumor.

And hopefully we don't have any lockerroom drama that deflates the team, has them at odds with each other, and has our defensive leader sitting at home. At least, that was the rumor.
I don’t know what happened but something did. Giving up 63 to a South Carolina team that couldn’t manage an offensive point against Florida and had all of 10 of them against Mizzou is not something I understand. Some hex or something.

I don’t know what happened but something did. Giving up 63 to a South Carolina team that couldn’t manage an offensive point against Florida and had all of 10 of them against Mizzou is not something I understand. Some hex or something.
We played in quicksand is what happened. And they knew damn well what sort of trash *** field they were walking out to. Reason #1 they changed their ENTIRE offense in 1 week. They just got the ball, ran to the boundary, waited for us to slip...easy 6. Over and over.

Our guys were close to hurting themselves multiple times slipping and sliding. And then it finally happened...to the best of all the players on that field.

Punk*****

If we run the table with two competitive close losses to Bama and UGA, I could live with that. I could also live with a repeat of last year, beating Bama or UGA and one head scratcher loss.

However, those two losses combined with an inexplicable loss like last year and I will be pretty bummed out.

At this point it’s completely unreasonable to think Missouri or Kentucky should beat us. Neither one of those teams have the talent or the coaching to hang with us. If we lose to either one of them this year, then that’s unacceptable.

Reactions: knoxvol52

9-3 is the going Vegas prediction. I've seen others that have listed UK as that loss. You would think at least one of them would pick Florida instead. It's at the Swamp and I don't think UF is nearly as hapless as the media pretends.

Truthfully, 9-3 would still be a great year given all we've been through and that we're still behind a lot in terms of talent/depth but I'd like to see us get at least 10 in the regular season.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back