Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have loved to have gone to UT. When I got out of the Army, I had to enter an ROTC program as part of the terms of my separation, and for a number of reasons it was easier to fulfill my obligation at ETSU than UT. All my family were from Knoxville and my grandfather was a big UT fan since my earliest memory. My wife's father and brother were also both alums and they were very involved. We have a picture of my wife with Bill Battle when she was 7 or 8. For me it simply was and was always gonna be, regardless of where I got my degree. I've contemplated going to graduate school at UT, just because, but it probably won't ever happen. But I'll keep buying season tickets and going to games as long as I can afford it and am physically able. We enjoy it too much to stop.

But using the "I went there" as a requirement for fanhood would eliminate all pro sports...and that isn't happening.
I did ROTC at UT. I was an eyelash away from attending Tennessee Tech instead of UT and that would not have diminished my fandom in any way.

QB - Merk
RB - Lewis/Russell
WR - Staley/Wingo/Matthews/Jefferson
TE - Echols
OL - Ginther/Anderson/Perry/Ronan/Calhoun/ Bennett

DL - Heard/Gentle/Lindstrom/Ross/Franklin
LB - Burns/Spillman/Singleton
Secondary - Boo/Goree/Farooq/Beasley/ Bates

27 commits with a score of 297.93.

Give me this and I’ll be happy 😊

QB - Merk
RB - Lewis/Russell
WR - Staley/Wingo/Matthews/Jefferson
TE - Echols
OL - Ginther/Anderson/Perry/Ronan/Calhoun/ Bennett

DL - Heard/Gentle/Lindstrom/Ross/Franklin
LB - Burns/Spillman/Singleton
Secondary - Boo/Goree/Farooq/Beasley/ Bates

27 commits with a score of 297.93.

Give me this and I’ll be happy 😊
I think you’re very close. WR picks are biggest wildcard

Appreciate that this BaseVols team had me yelling for the Vols in June. Looking forward to football season (and basketball season and baseball season).

Shifting gears slightly because it came up in the thread earlier today. I’ve heard “sidewalk alum” a few times in here and in random conversations, and I think that’s what folks would consider me.

I’m a sidewalk alum. I didn’t go to UT, but I am passionate about UT sports.

To be honest, I don’t really care about the school. Couldn’t give a sh!t about who got a degree from there.

If my kids go to UT, great, I’ll care about the school. But right now, I care about the sports.

I grew up in rural TN, with no pro sports teams to cheer for. My first fandom was the Vols. I will always be a Vol.

If I’m misunderstanding the “sidewalk alum” definition, help me out.
I think you nailed it.

I grew up loving and rooting for two schools because of family (UT and FSU)
I wanted to go to one of those two schools, but wasn't recruited to play at either (did get a PWO spot at FSU)

I obviously went to Austin Peay and loved it. That's MY school, but my love for UT has never left me.

I think you’re very close. WR picks are biggest wildcard
That and OL.

Depends on how everything shakes out with Calhoun, Bennett, and even the OT that just visited.

UGA fans were blind sided that they weren’t in Easely’ top 3. Wonder if he just ends up at OK.

DL as well. Hopefully we lock down Ross this weekend. Not really sure who else we are going after other than Ross and Franklin. Maybe the FL kid Artavius?

That and OL.

Depends on how everything shakes out with Calhoun, Bennett, and even the OT that just visited.

UGA fans were blind sided that they weren’t in Easely’ top 3. Wonder if he just ends up at OK.

DL as well. Hopefully we lock down Ross this weekend. Not really sure who else we are going after other than Ross and Franklin. Maybe the FL kid Artavius?
Franklin ends up a vol. 🍊
Bennett is likely, Ross 60%. Wingo =who knows
disclaimer = no inside info yet, just guessing right now

That and OL.

Thought Ross didn’t like the depth chart at UT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back