Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 22, 1941

Operation Barbarossa begins.

Operation_Barbarossa_Infobox.jpg

His tenure was a rollercoaster of emotions for me.

2013 UGA - I think he might be the guy
2013 Carolina - I think he's the guy!
2014 Florida - Oh, maybe he isn't the guy
2015 Oklahoma, Florida - He isn't the guy
2015 Outback Bowl - Wait, maybe he IS the guy
2016 Florida, UGA - HE'S THE GUY
2016 South Carolina - wtf, not the guy?
2016 Vanderbilt - Definitely not the guy
Literally all of 2017 - The light has gone out of my life

Butch was so ridiculously cursed/incompetent against Florida, lol. Made Fulmer look like Bobby Bowden against them in comparison.

2013: Driskel goes out and we have a lead. Worley would have won that game but he rolls with Nate Peterman, who delivers an historically bad performance. Finally puts in Worley when the game is well out of hand.

2014: Butch rolls with Worley all game, who can't do anything except get us into FG range. Meanwhile, Florida cannot score at all until they change QBs. Butch remains stubborn and keeps Worley in (despite already knowing what Dobbs is capable of) and we lose in the most agonizing fashion.

2015: 4th and a million and the Gators convert and score. Then Medley misses the game-winner by inches.

2016: Even Butch couldn't screw this one up.

2017: Lose on a Hail Mary.

Reactions: GoBigOrange86
Butch was so ridiculously cursed/incompetent against Florida, lol. Made Fulmer look like Bobby Bowden against them in comparison.

2013: Driskel goes out and we have a lead. Worley would have won that game but he rolls with Nate Peterman, who delivers an historically bad performance. Finally puts in Worley when the game is well out of hand.

2014: Butch rolls with Worley all game, who can't do anything except get us into FG range. Meanwhile, Florida cannot score at all until they change QBs. Butch remains stubborn and keeps Worley in (despite already knowing what Dobbs is capable of) and we lose in the most agonizing fashion.

2015: 4th and a million and the Gators convert and score. Then Medley misses the game-winner by inches.

2016: Even Butch couldn't screw this one up.

2017: Lose on a Hail Mary.
I was there for each of 2014-17. Agony, agony, elation, and then when Franks threw the Hail Mary I remember laughing like a lunatic. 1st and goal with John Kelly mowing guys over and we throw it three times was when we lost.

Agree we'll be fine, but hitting has been inconsistent this year. Not screaming for anyone's head. Just noting that we need to work on our hitting. A lot of it stems from too many guys trying to hit HRs rather than just getting on base. Nothing for anyone to get their panties in a bunch over.
Hitting has been inconsistent bc we have inconsistent hitters…. People only talk about homeruns when we struggle…. Never when we are crushing the ball…. In the SEC last year…. Our batting average was 20 points higher than anyone …... OB% was 15-20 points higher… Homeruns were off the chart….This year in the college World Series….. Florida, LSU, Wake Forest all hit more homeruns than us while having higher team batting averages and OB%….The issue isn’t approach…. It’s that we have good but not great hitters…. The top of the lineup and bottom of the lineup were both weaknesses for this team.

Last edited:
I was there for each of 2014-17. Agony, agony, elation, and then when Franks threw the Hail Mary I remember laughing like a lunatic. 1st and goal with John Kelly mowing guys over and we throw it three times was when we lost.

I laughed like Walter White in the crawlspace when he realizes the money is gone after Florida 2014. My blood pressure was so high late in the 4th quarter that I had to turn the game off and walk around the block. When I left it was 9-7 Vols. Checked the score on my phone when I got back inside and saw 10-9 Final and lost my mind for a few minutes.

I’m worried about the kid (kid to me 😒). It would be great to know how he’s doing during this difficult time of divorce. DIVORCE should be a word added into the swear book, because of the devastation it leaves behind. It is survivable after a time.
I’m divorced/remarried…. Kids grown now…. Divorce is easily manageable but it’s up to the adults.( doesn’t sound like is wife is going to cooperate so it will be extremely hard). I never ever talked bad about my daughters mother in from of her… paid support from the beginning… (when divorce went final… courts ruled I was overpaying and lowered it)…. Even with support…. Every single time…. My daughter needed anything… I went and bought it for her….. called everyday…. Saw her on my weekends and worked with my ex to make sure she could go with us anytime we did anything special….. My daughter grew up happy and felt loved the entire time. It takes a lot of work and compromise on both sides.

what is with this narrative that we arent recruiting tackles? seems like the guys were getting can play mutiple positions, including tackle.

The deal at TE is a 'head scratcher.'

Reactions: knoxvol52

I was at the 2015 game in Gainesville. Elation to misery. Said I would never go back to Gainesville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back