Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is with this narrative that we arent recruiting tackles? seems like the guys were getting can play mutiple positions, including tackle.

The deal at TE is a 'head scratcher.'
We have a 5* TE committed…. A very good looking TE from last year and the kid from nfl Europe is a TE.

Just finished the VQ mailbag YouTube post. Here are my cliff notes. And I am guessing on the spelling of these kids names. A.P. was asked to rank our chances with several prospects. I made notes of the ones we are still in on.
Mike Matthews 5* WR leaning UT
Ryan Wingo 5* WR: Will not know until fall
Jordan Ross 5* Edge: Trending away from U.T.
Cam Franks? TN has a ton of momentum ( I rewound several times and could not tell what Hubbs was saying his name was).
Daniel Calhoun 4* OL: Georgia is the team to beat, but UT is not out of it yet.
Tylen Singleton 4* LB: LSU leads but UT is in sneaky good shape with his recruitment.
Edwin Spillman 4* LB: Loves UT's chances
Amari Jefferson 4* WR: UA has the lead, but UT has a chance to swing momentum this weekend. (Baylor School kid)
Ronan O'Connell 3* OL: Tight but leaning Tennessee
Braylen Russell 4* RB: Leaning Tennessee
Marques Easley 4* OT: Vols in top 3 but would not lean U.T. on this one.
Cai Bates 4* CB: LSU leads, but Vols stand to make a big move this weekend.

They also stated that D.J. Terry has family in Oklahoma and that is why he chose to go there.

We have a 5* TE committed…. A very good looking TE from last year and the kid from nfl Europe is a TE.
Yeah. Ideally Okoye redshirts and immerses himself in conditioning and learning TE all of 2023 and is up to speed by the time Echols joins him and Davis. Then (regardless if we pick up the Utah kid), we’ll add a portal option…and there’s always a plethora.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Just finished the VQ mailbag YouTube post. Here are my cliff notes. And I am guessing on the spelling of these kids names. A.P. was asked to rank our chances with several prospects. I made notes of the ones we are still in on.
Mike Matthews 5* WR leaning UT
Ryan Wingo 5* WR: Will not know until fall
Jordan Ross 5* Edge: Trending away from U.T.
Cam Franks? TN has a ton of momentum ( I rewound several times and could not tell what Hubbs was saying his name was).
Daniel Calhoun 4* OL: Georgia is the team to beat, but UT is not out of it yet.
Tylen Singleton 4* LB: LSU leads but UT is in sneaky good shape with his recruitment.
Edwin Spillman 4* LB: Loves UT's chances
Amari Jefferson 4* WR: UA has the lead, but UT has a chance to swing momentum this weekend. (Baylor School kid)
Ronan O'Connell 3* OL: Tight but leaning Tennessee
Braylen Russell 4* RB: Leaning Tennessee
Marques Easley 4* OT: Vols in top 3 but would not lean U.T. on this one.
Cai Bates 4* CB: LSU leads, but Vols stand to make a big move this weekend.

They also stated that D.J. Terry has family in Oklahoma and that is why he chose to go there.
The Jordan Ross one is still baffling to me.

Reactions: knoxvol52 and ugg
Yeah. Ideally Okoye redshirts and immerses himself in conditioning and learning TE all of 2023 and is up to speed by the time Echols joins him and Davis. Then (regardless if we pick up the Utah kid), we’ll add a portal option…and there’s always a plethora.
Yeah we definitely want more depth but I can see why higher rated kids would look other places.

We dont know where the kid who played in NFL Europe will play. He is a project all way.

We need more than two schollie TE
Okoye will be a TE and will be the THIRD we have on scholarship along with Echols and Davis. Right after the season we were looking at being down to Davis since VQ was predicting Warren was gone and no one on this board had ever heard of Castles. Wait a half sec before jumping and it turns out ok.

Okoye will be a TE and will be the THIRD we have on scholarship along with Echols and Davis. Right after the season we were looking at being down to Davis since VQ was predicting Warren was gone and no one on this board had ever heard of Castles. Wait a half sec before jumping and it turns out ok.
Who's jumping, Clark?

I said we need another TE in this class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back