Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Implosion was a way better way to go than being stuck down there without oxygen. They didn't even know it happened.

Yeah, if I had to choose my fate of one of the three: drowning, suffocating to death in a capsule 13k feet under water, or imploding in less than a second.. I’ll choose the implosion too.

Terrible still, but at least they didn’t suffer.

Yeah, if I had to choose my fate of one of the three: drowning, suffocating to death in a capsule 13k feet under water, or imploding in less than a second.. I’ll choose the implosion too.

Terrible still, but at least they didn’t suffer.
I'm thinking once you reach a certain depth you black out instantly. God bless them all.

Reactions: Glitch
Florida -

I think Napier would have to do one heck of a job to pull off a respectable season this year. I’ve looked at Florida maybe as much as anyone and it just doesn’t look good. According to their projected depth chart they return 4 starters on offense and only 2 starters on defense. They have some fans thinking maybe it’s addition by subtraction but that’s a huge hurdle I think. jmo.

I was trying to figure out who they might beat or not and I’m not sure but I won’t be surprised if Charlotte gives them a game. That game comes right after their loss to us so they’re probably not going to be in the best frame of mind. I know, I know. They’re a 34 point favorite over the 49ers. Well, you never really know. You know? jmo.

After the 2020 season Harbaugh at Michigan was pretty much on the hot seat and the temperature was such that it broke the thermometer. His solution was to go get a guy named Biff Poggi to come in and stop the ship from sinking. Biff’s title was assistant head coach. He didn’t do anything else. He was sort of like the executive officer on a naval vessel. Biff had made a fortune as a successful hedge fund manager all the while coaching elite high school football teams. When Harbaugh called he was the head guy at national powerhouse St. Francis Academy in Baltimore and with an undefeated record against IMG Academy.

So the magic of Biff’s approach is all about culture and getting everyone on the same page, sort of coming together as a team. Sounds familiar, don’t it?

Anyway, there’s basically a night and day shift is the attitude of the Wolverine team and it started with the staff. Michigan’s problem had always been with the staff, guys pulling in different directions, doing their own thing. He erased that, in a positive, team-building way, and the results in 2021 and 2022 speak for themselves, back to back Big Ten championships, and a combined 25-3 two year record on the field.

This offseason Biff took the head coaching job with the Charlotte 49ers. I don’t know how quick he can get the Niners rolling but if Sean Elliott can beat Jeremy Pruitt I’m entertaining thoughts that maybe, just maybe, Biff can beat Sun Belt Silly, I mean Billy.

Biff has a former Florida QB leading his team. Jalon Jones recruited by Mullen was forced to leave the Gator team due to off field issues and was a major reason Chris Steele, 5-star CB from California, left the team a few years back. Jones has had a circuitous road to travel including a stint playing for Coach Prime but Biff thinks he can help him so he’s gained one last shot at leading an FBS team. Jones is basically what you would expect from a Mullen QB and he’s got some experience now.

Biff has brought a number of former Power 5 players to Charlotte. Among those former Power 5 players one Quavaris Crouch was on an April visit to campus and it is speculated that he may join the team this year as a running back.

Biff’s number one goal is to build a top 15 defense. Look, Florida has to run the football. It’s who they are. Last year they had 8 games where they rushed for over 200 yards; they won 6 of those games. They had 5 games where they rushed for under 200 yards; they lost all 5. If Biff’s boys can stop the run, maybe, just maybe, Tennessee can beat Florida twice this year. jmo.

Florida -

I think Napier would have to do one heck of a job to pull off a respectable season this year. I’ve looked at Florida maybe as much as anyone and it just doesn’t look good. According to their projected depth chart they return 4 starters on offense and only 2 starters on defense. They have some fans thinking maybe it’s addition by subtraction but that’s a huge hurdle I think. jmo.

I was trying to figure out who they might beat or not and I’m not sure but I won’t be surprised if Charlotte gives them a game. That game comes right after their loss to us so they’re probably not going to be in the best frame of mind. I know, I know. They’re a 34 point favorite over the 49ers. Well, you never really know. You know? jmo.

After the 2020 season Harbaugh at Michigan was pretty much on the hot seat and the temperature was such that it broke the thermometer. His solution was to go get a guy named Biff Poggi to come in and stop the ship from sinking. Biff’s title was assistant head coach. He didn’t do anything else. He was sort of like the executive officer on a naval vessel. Biff had made a fortune as a successful hedge fund manager all the while coaching elite high school football teams. When Harbaugh called he was the head guy at national powerhouse St. Francis Academy in Baltimore and with an undefeated record against IMG Academy.

So the magic of Biff’s approach is all about culture and getting everyone on the same page, sort of coming together as a team. Sounds familiar, don’t it?

Anyway, there’s basically a night and day shift is the attitude of the Wolverine team and it started with the staff. Michigan’s problem had always been with the staff, guys pulling in different directions, doing their own thing. He erased that, in a positive, team-building way, and the results in 2021 and 2022 speak for themselves, back to back Big Ten championships, and a combined 25-3 two year record on the field.

This offseason Biff took the head coaching job with the Charlotte 49ers. I don’t know how quick he can get the Niners rolling but if Sean Elliott can beat Jeremy Pruitt I’m entertaining thoughts that maybe, just maybe, Biff can beat Sun Belt Silly, I mean Billy.

Biff has a former Florida QB leading his team. Jalon Jones recruited by Mullen was forced to leave the Gator team due to off field issues and was a major reason Chris Steele, 5-star CB from California, left the team a few years back. Jones has had a circuitous road to travel including a stint playing for Coach Prime but Biff thinks he can help him so he’s gained one last shot at leading an FBS team. Jones is basically what you would expect from a Mullen QB and he’s got some experience now.

Biff has brought a number of former Power 5 players to Charlotte. Among those former Power 5 players one Quavaris Crouch was on an April visit to campus and it is speculated that he may join the team this year as a running back.

Biff’s number one goal is to build a top 15 defense. Look, Florida has to run the football. It’s who they are. Last year they had 8 games where they rushed for over 200 yards; they won 6 of those games. They had 5 games where they rushed for under 200 yards; they lost all 5. If Biff’s boys can stop the run, maybe, just maybe, Tennessee can beat Florida twice this year. jmo.
Quavaris Crouch finally playing running back… he could of had a legit career if he would of chose that first.

Florida -

Good post. Will be rooting for Biff.

Florida -

Going to place my wager now

OGC.80331a750bf959bac50643ee7efe5530

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back