Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGC.80331a750bf959bac50643ee7efe5530

Great. I probably won't sleep tonight; and if I do, it'll be fitfully.

LSU penalized, ex-coach Will Wade receives show cause, 10-game suspension for Level I NCAA violations

Found them….. haven’t we already hit ourselves as hard/harder than what the NCAA did to LSU…. They had them on the FBI wiretap…. We dug up every single bit of dirt we could find on ourselves….. Still rumors that the NCAA will impose more.
We suspended ourselves for 10 games and 3 years probation?

I'd say that's a lot worse. Think we went the right route. I mean, what meaningful punishment have we really felt so far? We upgraded staffs and are recruiting just fine. LSU lost their best bball coach in a very very long time and are now on a short leash and giving up 40% of a regular season.

Implosion is horrific from our perspective.

But for them, it was probably like someone turned off the lights. Snap of a finger.

Way better than slowly suffocating, cramped, in your own filth, in a 33F degree submarine for 3 days on the bottom of the ocean.
Not to mention, tearing Rush to pieces during that time. Implosion is nowhere near as horrific.

Jimmy Football =/= the government

I’m not advocating for anything other than perhaps suggesting people not tempt fate.
How many great accomplishments of humanity would never have happened if "people didn't tempt fate"?

People die doing boring mundane things every day...at least these folks went out doing something amazing.

We suspended ourselves for 10 games and 3 years probation?

I'd say that's a lot worse. Think we went the right route. I mean, what meaningful punishment have we really felt so far? We upgraded staffs and are recruiting just fine. LSU lost their best bball coach in a very very long time and are now on a short leash and giving up 40% of a regular season.
They didn’t lose him…. They chose to Fire him…. They aren’t giving up any of the regular season…. Will Wade has to miss ten games at McNeese state where he is now coaching…. He is also a very overrated coach bolstered by the recruiting scandal he is involved in… probation means absolutely nothing without significant penalties.

Reactions: TheRain
How many great accomplishments of humanity would never have happened if "people didn't tempt fate"?

People die doing boring mundane things every day...at least these folks went out doing something amazing.
Is it really amazing though? Seems like it would've been a boring and claustrophobic experience

Jimmy Football =/= the government

I’m not advocating for anything other than perhaps suggesting people not tempt fate.
Some people chose to sit on their couch watching tv until they are close to 100… some people die at 40 but lived a life of adventure? I don’t know which is better.

Some people chose to sit on their couch watching tv until they are close to 100… some people die at 40 but lived a life of adventure? I don’t know which is better.

I don’t know how “maybe people should stay away from the Titanic” got turned into “no one should take any risks” or “the coast guard should stop people from visiting the wreckage.”

It was their risk to take, but I don't consider what they were doing "amazing" IMO. They were diving on a graveyard. Not in the name of science or history, but as tourism.

Sad that they perished, even sadder for their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back