Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.. we should have had atleast 3 NC's under Fulmer. Our talent was that legit. Hell, look at the 2001 Team. That team was absolutely loaded on Offense and Defense. Our D gave up only 95 rushing yards a game. That team had just to name a few, Clausen, T. Stephen's, J. Davis, C, Houston, D. Stallworth,E. Parker, Brown,J. Witten, D. Tinsley, Fayton, K. Washington, Burnett, Simon, Battle, Baker, Lott, Moore, Bartholomew,Munoz, the Great OSP St. Preaux, Overstreet, Hand, Haynesworth, J. Henderson and A. Franklin just to name a few. Imagine what our Offense would have done under Cutcliff instead of Sanders. Those are a lot of Tennessee greats on one damn team. We were the one team that could have beaten that great Miami team that year.
Full-blown delusion alert!

Yes, Coaching cost the 2001 team a shot.

That damn LSU SEC 'Ship Game in ATL.

Damnnnnnnit

Right! They were still celebrating the Fla win and let a backup QB beat us. That game still hurts me to this day. I guarantee we would have played Miami better than Nebraska did. I kept wondering what if 911 didn't happen and we played Fla earlier. We probably lose earlier in the season, we had a lot of guys injured then. We had most of them back by time we played Fla. How the hell we lost to GA and LSU was a typical Fulmer season. Lose a game we shouldn't.

Full-blown delusion alert!

Please, Do tell.. name one thing delusional about what I said. If you think we didn't underachieve under Fulmer a lot of those years. then you couldn’t have watched them play. That 98 team was nowhere close to being one of Fulmers best teams. I can't wait to hear this!!

Please, Do tell.. name one thing delusional about what I said. If you think we didn't underachieve under Fulmer a lot of those years. then you couldn’t have watched them play. That 98 team was nowhere close to being one of Fulmers best teams. I can't wait to hear this!!
We consistently underachieved under Fulmer. You're delusional when you stated that we were the one team in 2001 that could have beat Miami. They would have whipped us in 2001. That was one of the better teams to ever step on to a college football field. Meanwhile, we lost games to a mediocre Georgia team and a mediocre LSU team with a backup QB.

Agreed.. we should have had atleast 3 NC's under Fulmer. Our talent was that legit. Hell, look at the 2001 Team. That team was absolutely loaded on Offense and Defense. Our D gave up only 85 rushing yards a game. That team had just to name a few, Clausen, T. Stephen's, J. Davis, C, Houston, D. Stallworth,E. Parker, Brown,J. Witten, D. Tinsley, Fayton, K. Washington, Burnett, Simon, Battle, Baker, Lott, Moore, Bartholomew,Munoz, the Great OSP St. Preaux, Overstreet, Hand, Haynesworth, J. Henderson and A. Franklin just to name a few. Imagine what our Offense would have done under Cutcliff instead of Sanders. Those are a lot of Tennessee greats on one damn team. We were the one team that could have beaten that great Miami team that year.
Okay 1998 that's one,2001 was close but a hiccup vs LSU cost us a chance,now where did the third one we should have won in Fulmer era at? Jw

We consistently underachieved under Fulmer. You're delusional when you stated that we were the one team in 2001 that could have beat Miami. They would have whipped us in 2001. That was one of the better teams to ever step on to a college football field. Meanwhile, we lost games to a mediocre Georgia team and a mediocre LSU team with a backup QB.

Exactly, that's why I said COULD have. Neither one of us know who would have won. We would have had to play a perfect game, but had the talent to do it. Take for example Miami barely beating #14 VA Tech in their Conf Championship Game.Va Tech had 5 TO's to Miami's 2, their QB was 4-16 For 81 yds. VA Tech RB Kevin Jones ran for 164 yds. A VA Tech team that lost to unranked Pitt and Syr, then got blown out by Fla St in their bowl game. So that team could take Miami to the wire and lose by 2, but we couldn't with our talent? And as I stated before, Fulmer lost games every year he shouldn't. GA and LSU were those 2 that year. Just like Fla was one of the other teams that COULD have beaten Mia, yet lost to us. So yes if a Mediocre( as you say) VA Tech could play them within 2, then we absolutely could have. No saying we would, but COULD!

Okay 1998 that's one,2001 was close but a hiccup vs LSU cost us a chance,now where did the third one we should have won in Fulmer era at? Jw

That's easy, 1995 Peyton's SO Yr. We lost one game to Fla after having the lead early. TN and Peyton imploded with TO's that game. We ended up 3rd. 1996 a typical Fulmer year. We lost to Fla( again) by 6 then in Fulmer fashion we lose to Memphis. 1997, yet another loss to Fla. You see a trend here? 2 of the 3 yrs we were better than Fla. Even Spurrier bragged about beating Fulmer with less talent. Any of those 3 teams had the QB and talent to win it all. I guarantee you put Spurrier at TN instead of Fulmer, Peyton wins atleast 1, maybe 2. Point is we had the talent, especially in 95 when we finished 3rd. The other 2 years were top 9 with typical bad Fulmer losses.Fulmer was a great Recruiter but was not a great HC. He just had a lot of talent on different teams.

Nebraska ruled college football 94 and 95, Florida was better in 96 and Nebraska should have been outright winner in 97 instead of sharing with Michigan. The only other year might have been 99 when a lot of players returned from 98 team.

Reactions: hooter vol
I wish VolTwitter was as prevalent in 2016 as it is now, imagine the trash talking between Tennessee and Nebraska before the MCB.

sounds like we are in the top 2-3 for several very high-tier recruits and it will come down to a NIL bidding war... will be concerning if we miss out on these kids because we didn't pony up... hate that it's gotten this way like free-agency, but we are supposed to have as much or more NIL than anyone, so hopefully we use it!

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Those Goliath grouper will drive you nuts diving. Had one a few months ago bluff me off a wreck. They’re protected too so you can’t do anything about it. They’re a problem now and I see zero reason why they need to be protected anymore.
Florida been toying with opening a quota tag draw for goliaths. Would be awesome.

Reactions: Volbucky
Nebraska ruled college football 94 and 95, Florida was better in 96 and Nebraska should have been outright winner in 97 instead of sharing with Michigan. The only other year might have been 99 when a lot of players returned from 98 team.

In 96 Fla and TN were just about even, as the score indicated. And once again, I said we had teams good enough to win. I never said we should have, because under Fulmer we weren't going to win many. But the talent on his teams was good enough to play with anyone. That year we had 501 yards of Offense vs Fla's 304. But Peyton had 4 TO's and we had 6 total TO's. And still could have won it.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back