Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just go by the rule nothing on the Internet is legit and you'll be fine.
Excellent principle. Always research and fact check on your own.

Unfortunately much of the population still doesn't get that. The same folks that raised you not to trust strangers will turn right around and get enraged over a headline without reading the article...or believe Richard G West, who literally claims to be the "#1 Sports Reporter in South Knoxville" and yet people get bamboozled daily smh.

I'm certain it wasn't 100% accurate, but it had a purpose. To follow the example: if Kanye had his million+ account with a blue checkmark...then TheRealKanye account with 2,000 followers that claims they're the real Kanye comes along and applies for a checkmark, they aren't getting it.

Same for the 1,000 "Donald Trump" accounts.

When so many people listen to these folks online and are so gullible to begin with, some basic level of fidelity was helpful. Now that's out the door, so part of it's usefulness has ceased.

Twitter usefulness was always a bit patchy.

Unfortunately much of the population still doesn't get that. The same folks that raised you not to trust strangers will turn right around and get enraged over a headline without reading the article...or believe Richard G West, who literally claims to be the "#1 Sports Reporter in South Knoxville" and yet people get bamboozled daily smh.

Can't fix stupid.

It feels like 99% of people only read headlines

NUANCE IS DEAD

Can't fix stupid.

The most vocal people on Twitter already have their minds made up on most topics. They aren't looking for objective information that might challenge their thinking. They are looking for opinion pieces that pass as "journalism" so they can use them as validation of their opinions as "facts".

The most vocal people on Twitter already have their minds made up on most topics. They aren't looking for objective information that might challenge their thinking. They are looking for opinion pieces that pass as "journalism" so they can use them as validation of their opinions as "facts".
Twitter cesspool of crap.

I go sport by sport. Right now in baseball it’s the Tigas
I don't pull for any school in SEC but Tennessee,hoped like hell TCU would upset Georgia in football Championship. When Alabama and Georgia played for title I watched Monday Night Raw instead cant stand to see an SEC school besides Tennessee win any Titles.

It’s gotten bad….. mainstream media does it all the time as well… the headline rarely matches the article.

So @OGbabyaviVol and others who have said he’s in the portal already are wrong? Shocker
Why are you singling me out? There was a poster one or two post above where I mentioned something that said he was in the portal, so with all of the smoke out there last night, I just thought it was a foregone conclusion. I don’t do Twitter, so I’m not sure if it’s official or not.

Reactions: Brillovol
I don't pull for any school in SEC but Tennessee,hoped like hell TCU would upset Georgia in football Championship. When Alabama and Georgia played for title I watched Monday Night Raw instead cant stand to see an SEC school besides Tennessee win any Titles.
The move for this game was to root for Alabama, or at least more actively root against Georgia, much as it sucks to say. Alabama winning another title was old hat but we did not need Georgia getting that "last title since 1980" monkey off their back. Water under the bridge now but always root for whatever serves Tennessee most imo

Why are you singling me out? There was a poster one or two post above where I mentioned something that said he was in the portal, so with all of the smoke out there last night, I just thought it was a foregone conclusion. I don’t do Twitter, so I’m not sure if it’s official or not.

Don’t worry, I responded directly to that one

So glad to hear this! Really hoping Joe has a remarkable year. Not just for us but for him. I love the way he supported Hendon while still working hard to become better especially in the face of the attacks by fans of the team. Hearing he’s working even harder this off season makes me want him to succeed that much more!
Also testament to patience and development in this “gotta have it NOW cuz this is business!” world we currently live in. It’s possible that THIS is what Heupel saw in Joe Milton when he recruited him two years ago…but it took time to get there. Kinda like the Burrow that left Ohio State and started that first season at LSU wasn’t the phenom witnessed the very next season. Nico waiting his turn as a true freshman, lends to better Nico as a sophomore. Then Merklinger…then? Fan fiction has contributed to this fallacy that if you’re not starting right out of high school, you’re a bust…bunk!

I’ll go on record and say this…..

He could have the best year in the history of TN FOOTBALL. Period.
He has done so much work this offseason. From what I’ve seen, he could very well be the Top pick in the draft next year and it may not even be a surprise.
Hyatt having Velus and now Joe having Hooker.

I love that we have a system to maximize great talent.

Joe having a season like that would make my heart smile for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back