Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Hubbs
I'm no insider as I'm not around the team and go to games like Eric. But at the end of the day from what I'm hearing it doesn't sound like Burns wants to be here and be a part of the program. I don't think it’s because of some NIL deal elsewhere or lack of NIL here. It sounds like at the end of the day Burns doesn't want to be here and hasn't for a while which is why the Burns rumors have been out there for weeks.

I saw Chase Burns in the dugout laughing as we were getting eliminated by LSU while other guys were crying. Looks like there were probably some chemistry issues

Reactions: vol_in_ga
I saw Chase Burns in the dugout laughing as we were getting eliminated by LSU while other guys were crying. Looks like there were probably some chemistry issues

I saw him showing a lot of emotion after a huge K in the supers when the team needed someone to get them out of a jam. I also saw him shoving vs Stanford in the CWS when the team needed a shot in the arm.

Do you know some info on this one?
No. Except that we have had some football guys go into the portal and then stay. Granted those were cases where it appeared we were making efforts to portal over them (so to speak), which, in addition to that problem, almost certainly introduced a big decrepency between their NIL deals and those of the target. Not the same case as Chase. But "wait and see" won out over ineffectual panic imo.

Chase will either enter the portal or not, and then stay or leave. I'm patient with it because I don't feel like I can control it in any way, and I don't feel like I can know more about it by clutching at rumors. It's pretty much the opposite of inside knowledge. Burns is one of my favorites. I want him to stay.

It's sounds like there's been a lack of accountability all season long.I guess that could be an assortment of things,but losing that vet leadership last year hurt us alot.We were just as talented as most teams but always felt like something was off from the start.

Reactions: Big Orange#1
I saw him showing a lot of emotion after a huge K in the supers when the team needed someone to get them out of a jam. I also saw him shoving vs Stanford in the CWS when the team needed a shot in the arm.
Hubbs backs up the theory

“I'm no insider as I'm not around the team and go to games like Eric. But at the end of the day from what I'm hearing it doesn't sound like Burns wants to be here and be a part of the program. I don't think it’s because of some NIL deal elsewhere or lack of NIL here. It sounds like at the end of the day Burns doesn't want to be here and hasn't for a while which is why the Burns rumors have been out there for weeks.”

From Hubbs
I'm no insider as I'm not around the team and go to games like Eric. But at the end of the day from what I'm hearing it doesn't sound like Burns wants to be here and be a part of the program. I don't think it’s because of some NIL deal elsewhere or lack of NIL here. It sounds like at the end of the day Burns doesn't want to be here and hasn't for a while which is why the Burns rumors have been out there for weeks.

I see we’ve moved off of this being a money thing to now a “fit” thing. What’d Kirby’s dad have to say? 😁

It's sounds like there's been a lack of accountability all season long.I guess that could be an assortment of things,but losing that vet leadership last year hurt us alot.We were just as talented as most teams but always felt like something was off from the start.
Except that this team fought hard all year long and advanced further than last year's team. No way in hell there were chemistry issues

Hubbs backs up the theory

“I'm no insider as I'm not around the team and go to games like Eric. But at the end of the day from what I'm hearing it doesn't sound like Burns wants to be here and be a part of the program. I don't think it’s because of some NIL deal elsewhere or lack of NIL here. It sounds like at the end of the day Burns doesn't want to be here and hasn't for a while which is why the Burns rumors have been out there for weeks.”
No he doesn't. You're spinning it to meet your narrative.

Reactions: A.Vol70
You're in denial, guy. Hubbs hearing things mean more than MarcoVol having doubts because he doesn't like the answer.

Lol I’m not in denial at all? I realize it’s likely he hits the portal. Just wondering who your source was, bud. And so your source is Hubbs who is saying he’s not plugged into the program, got it.

It’s also already gone from a money thing to now he a “he doesn’t wanna be here” thing. So again, just looking to see where the info is coming from instead of believing everything said on a message board.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back