Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSIAP! Need to read it again!

I just saw this article.

Josh Heupel reacts to Tennessee football's punishment from NCAA investigation

This from CJH!

The hardest part of the past two and a half years with the cloud over the Tennessee program

You may also like
Paul Finebaum, Matt Barrie call Alabama OC hire, QB transfer puzzling, bizarre
Jeff Gordon explains Hendrick's next move as Chase Elliott, Alex Bowman still winless
Scouting Tennessee's opponent: Missouri
“Certainly, in recruiting. Our players, because they are with you every day, have a lot of trust in what you are doing in leading that program and what you’re going to try and get accomplished for them. I think the hardest thing for our entire staff was in recruiting because it had nothing to do with us who are currently there. People tried to use it against us in recruiting, negatively. We had to develop great trust with the recruits and their families. You talk about the culture you are building, and you talk about what happened and what you think the end result will be with the NCAA. Today’s work gives us the ability to put it behind us. It’s out in the open and it’s finalized. They can all realize that they have an opportunity to go and play for championships.”

A few years ago, I had a conversation with a D1 coach who admitted they only recruited kids through HS coaches and parents. No handlers, "camp" coaches, etc, were part of the conversation. If others moved in, the school moved on. His point was that it was not worth the hassle and a forcecast for drama within the program. Did this coach land a ton of 5 stars? of course not. But they also did not have all the assets or exposure UT does. Speculation, but I get the sense Heup has a similar philosophy. Worth keeping in mind as we go into these recruiting battles and "lose kids". We will never know, but I wouldn't be surprised if the UT staff is the one to cool on the kid, not the other way around. We only have a sample size of two years, but culture seems to be very important to CJH and the results are encouraging thus far.

Yes!

tumblr_mdjxrcL3U61rurv44540.gif

Heupel on what he learned about the guys who stuck around during the transition…

“The group of seniors we had this last year, and the year before will have a completely different lineage of their impact inside of Tennessee football. I say that because there was so much uncertainty. So many guys did leave. Those guys who chose to stay cared about the Power T and the guys in that locker room. You look at the success and what they were able to rebuild in such a short amount of time, it’s certainly the pillars of our success that we’ve had and where we are going. Those classes will be remembered and revered in a completely different way than so many that came before them.”

From the article I posted earlier.

This why I am meh about Chase Burns from baseball, Toto, or any other transfer.

Heupel on what he learned about the guys who stuck around during the transition…

“The group of seniors we had this last year, and the year before will have a completely different lineage of their impact inside of Tennessee football. I say that because there was so much uncertainty. So many guys did leave. Those guys who chose to stay cared about the Power T and the guys in that locker room. You look at the success and what they were able to rebuild in such a short amount of time, it’s certainly the pillars of our success that we’ve had and where we are going. Those classes will be remembered and revered in a completely different way than so many that came before them.”

The ‘85 team didn’t win a National Championship, but they completely changed the course of the program for the next couple
of decades. That team is still my favorite of all time.
I really think 2022 was this generation’s version of that team.

Unless they transfer to us. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back