Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
When does off-season start to you? Is it the day after the bowl game or does it start after basketball/baseball season ends, if those teams are having a good season? Off-season sure seems a lot shorter when BB/BB teams have good seasons. . . seems like el Danny White is just trying to get rid of off-season altogether. . .

Not “just old.”

Old and wise……;)

I did forget about Napoleon Dynamite. That’s a true classic.
wedding crashers is soooo overrated.
40 yr old virgin is ok.

I’ve never seen Step Brothers. Gotta admit that .

Edit: I said compared to the classics , they suck
kentucky fried movie

i can say youll never see a movie like this todayIMG_2736.gif

It’s funny gumps only mention Fulmer for their NCAA issues in the early 2000’s but forget that while Fulmer participated, so did Steve Spurrier and Houston Nutt to a lesser extent. I wish we’d catch them again shelling out cash. Lord knows how Saban operates

It’s funny gumps only mention Fulmer for their NCAA issues in the early 2000’s but forget that while Fulmer participated, so did Steve Spurrier and Houston Nutt to a lesser extent. I wish we’d catch them again shelling out cash. Lord knows how Saban operates

giphy.gif

Weird, but, they aren't in Knoxville (yet) so if your exposure was just UTK it's reasonable to have not heard of them. Obviously if you're from East Tennessee and a Vols fan it seems hard to believe though.
I have lived in East Tennessee my whole life and didn't hear about them until my early 30s when I started traveling regularly to Johnson City with my wife.

Reactions: knoxvol52 and SSVol
We have not had any good comedies in 2 decades?

Too many people take comedies too seriously for a truly classic comedy to be made today. Comedies have been watered down to avoid triggering the cancelers and it will be a while before the pendulum swings back far enough to make a truly great comedy like Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, or some of the great comedies from the early 2000's.

Weird, but, they aren't in Knoxville (yet) so if your exposure was just UTK it's reasonable to have not heard of them. Obviously if you're from East Tennessee and a Vols fan it seems hard to believe though.
they are a temperamental lot. current CEO has no relation to Pal or Rick. Makes no sense, bizarre behaviour.

When does off-season start to you? Is it the day after the bowl game or does it start after basketball/baseball season ends, if those teams are having a good season? Off-season sure seems a lot shorter when BB/BB teams have good seasons. . . seems like el Danny White is just trying to get rid of off-season altogether. . .
Says you. Feels like forever since the last baseball game. Feels like kickoff is still forever away.

Your internet affair with Sally has just warped your perception of time.

There is no off season when your have the RF to tide you over.

Too many people take comedies too seriously for a truly classic comedy to be made today. Comedies have been watered down to avoid triggering the cancelers and it will be a while before the pendulum swings back far enough to make a truly great comedy like Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, or some of the great comedies from the early 2000's.

I think the only decent comedy in the last 10 -12 years is 21 Jump Street. The rest are mostly unwatchable

Not “just old.”

Old and wise……;)

I did forget about Napoleon Dynamite. That’s a true classic.
wedding crashers is soooo overrated.
40 yr old virgin is ok.

I’ve never seen Step Brothers. Gotta admit that .

Edit: I said compared to the classics , they suck
QVP7DawXZitKYg3AX5.gif

There are only two sports seasons:
1. Vol football
2. Waiting for Vol football

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back