Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it Y'all or youns I get confused sometimes, also is it Vols or VAWLS 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Regional forms to solve the English void for second person plural. Both evolved around the 18th century America.

Deep south came up with y'all--"you all", most likely from Scot immigrants and west African/Caribbean slaves, who all shared the same region.

Appalachians came up with you'uns, from Scott "you ones".

Both mean the same thing.

Interestingly, I grew up in the deep south, and both were used interchangeably in my old stomping grounds. So...?

The fact that Ollie Lane is a candidate to start is a testament to not following our recent narratives. Massai Reddick, Mo Clipper and Brian Grant haven’t even taken regular season snaps and VQ has written them off. Ollie and Dayne Davis kept showing up and learning and they’re not useless…funny how that works.

I agree Ollie and Dayne were both walk-ons originally I believe. We have good options for that position. It comes down to does one of the younger guys make the leap and take that spot or does it go to one of the older guys that have been plugging that gap as a backup for the past couple of years. I have faith in Elarbee to put the best combination of OL on the field.

I agree Ollie and Dayne were both walk-ons originally I believe. We have good options for that position. It comes down to does one of the younger guys make the leap and take that spot or does it go to one of the older guys that have been plugging that gap as a backup for the past couple of years. I have faith in Elarbee to put the best combination of OL on the field.
Ollie’s always been on scholarship but Davis earned his rather quickly after walking on.

I keep seeing people talk about this mobility. . . I remember that being one of his best attributes. He almost always got free and ripped off a couple big runs when he played.
Lateral vs directional. Speed vs quickness. Hendon was quick with lateral mobility. Milton is fast with directional speed. Hendon is better as escaping the pocket quickly, whereas Milton is more likely to house one for 80yds. That's the way I look at it.

F1lKlv2WcAAHq2P

Regional forms to solve the English void for second person plural. Both evolved around the 18th century America.

Deep south came up with y'all--"you all", most likely from Scot immigrants and west African/Caribbean slaves, who all shared the same region.

Appalachians came up with you'uns, from Scott "you ones".

Both mean the same thing.

Interestingly, I grew up in the deep south, and both were used interchangeably in my old stomping grounds. So...?

The Cliff Clavin of VN.

I keep seeing people talk about this mobility. . . I remember that being one of his best attributes. He almost always got free and ripped off a couple big runs when he played.
I was a little skeptical on Wingo but now I think he will join the team of recruits for year 2024!!!!! We got major uncle mo rite now let's get Bates and Warren next!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back