Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said your Dad was a Illni fan ,what other teams Cubs or White Sox and I bet he was loving it during the Bulls Dynasty?

My PaPa (Grandfather) is an Ilini fan. Cubs fan. Even though I have always cheered for the Cardinals I was so happy that he got to see the Cubs win a WS. He was over the moon. I don't think he follows NBA basketball, but I believe he follows the Bears. We are going to visit him and my Na in at the end of August to celebrate their 75th Wedding Anniversary.

My PaPa (Grandfather) is an Ilini fan. Cubs fan. Even though I have always cheered for the Cardinals I was so happy that he got to see the Cubs win a WS. He was over the moon. I don't think he follows NBA basketball, but I believe he follows the Bears. We are going to visit him and my Na in at the end of August to celebrate their 75th Wedding Anniversary.
Wow 75 years that is wonderful well congratulations to them,, marriage isn't as sacred as it was in the past!!!

Been a good July hasn't it? Maybe its not over it.

giphy.gif

Why do none of you guys ever take the OL into account when surmising the strength of our offense...IMO it will be the difference between good and great.

🤷‍♂️
Our OL was fantastic last year, as was HH escaping.

It would appear those things may not hold up to the same level.

That said, I distinctly remember this time last year every person watching fall camp saying OL would be our weakness and it was noticeable...and look what happened.

I'll say YES the OL is a very very big part of our success. That said, I won't doubt it until I see it needing doubted.

Damnit Zach Martin holding out because Dallas Cowboys to cheap to pay him 2nd best guard in league behind Trey of course.....
They weren’t too cheap when they gave him the largest contract at the time. Now he’s 32 and wants them to tear up the last two years. I seem to remember a lot of guaranteed money forked out upfront.

Georgia...

I have to say that IMO, Eli should be listed for Ole Miss rather than his old man. Archie was great in his era. Eli rewrote the Ole Miss record books though, and then he went on to win two Super Bowls in the NFL.

Ryan Seacrest for Georgia is hilarious!

They weren’t too cheap when they gave him the largest contract at the time. Now he’s 32 and wants them to tear up the last two years. I seem to remember a lot of guaranteed money forked out upfront.
Oh I see but they really need him no joke he really helps run offense. Last year when he missed a game or 2 Cowboys had no answer at his position. Also the rookie the drafted last year might be suited better at guard instead of tackle.

Our OL was fantastic last year, as was HH escaping.

It would appear those things may not hold up to the same level.

That said, I distinctly remember this time last year every person watching fall camp saying OL would be our weakness and it was noticeable...and look what happened.

I'll say YES the OL is a very very big part of our success. That said, I won't doubt it until I see it needing doubted.
Remember the same. We lost Cade Mays and had no one to replace him. Wright was solid at best and moving him (back) to RT would leave nobody at LT. And we needed a major upgrade at center. HH was going to be running for his life to (hopefully) get us to 6 wins. 😏

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back