Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I see but they really need him no joke he really helps run offense. Last year when he missed a game or 2 Cowboys had no answer at his position. Also the rookie the drafted last year might be suited better at guard instead of tackle.
Tyler Smith? He’ll start the season at LG…if Tyron Smith gets through the preseason unscathed, but WHEN (not if) he turns up lame during the season, that’s Tyler Smith’s job and I believe it’s long term. If you’re referencing Terence Steele at RT, I tend to agree. He seems to be a journeyman/depth talk. Not discounting Zach Martin’s importance, but at his age and demands that umbilical cord is begging to be cut. Maybe guarantee more money this season and make next voidable from both sides. That would mean he gets paid now and able to test the market yet allows the Cowboys some options. But if you paid above market value years beforehand are you willing to gouge your cap when you hold all the cards?

Reactions: knoxvol52
Tyler Smith? He’ll start the season at LG…if Tyron Smith gets through the preseason unscathed, but WHEN (not if) he turns up lame during the season, that’s Tyler Smith’s job and I believe it’s long term. If you’re referencing Terence Steele at RT, I tend to agree. He seems to be a journeyman/depth talk. Not discounting Zach Martin’s importance, but at his age and demands that umbilical cord is begging to be cut. Maybe guarantee more money this season and make next voidable from both sides. That would mean he gets paid now and able to test the market yet allows the Cowboys some options. But if you paid above market value years beforehand are you willing to gouge your cap when you hold all the cards?
Talking about Steele,hopefully Tyron can stay healthy this season...

Reactions: butchna
Talking about Steele,hopefully Tyron can stay healthy this season...
2u49as.gif

Bates commitment =

#6 Class, edging over Alabama (assuming no other commitments by others...which is unlikely...but hey)

91.44 Average

74% Blue Chip Ratio (class)

Also adding 2 of our 3 highest recruits in just 1 week...on top of an already very stellar class. The trajectory is up and up

Last edited:
I have a question for anyone that follows the recruiting services closely. Why does 247 have Bama currently in first with 28 commits and Rivals and ON3 have them at 15 commits and ranked at 4th and 15th. The difference in number of commits is huge and I just noticed this. GBO

I’m so excited for Tennessee football everyone. The recruiting uptick that started in 23’ class and has gotten even better for 24’ is just incredible. Add in the fact this staff’s proven ability to develop as well as be good Gameday coaches with the clock and scheme. The sky truly is the limit with this recruiting. So happy for everyone in Vol nation, everyone in here. We all been through a lot with Tennessee football so this uprising after nearly 15 years is extra sweet!

I have a question for anyone that follows the recruiting services closely. Why does 247 have Bama currently in first with 28 commits and Rivals and ON3 have them at 15 commits and ranked at 4th and 15th. The difference in number of commits is huge and I just noticed this. GBO
Are you looking at the 2024 class? 247 shows Bama with 14 commitments in the 2024 class, and they have them ranked 6th.

Reactions: SugarCC
Well I was curious who Ryan Seacrest was so I Google his name. Well to my surprise no wonder I hadn't heard of him he was producer of shows I have never watched. American Idol and Keeping Up With the Kardashians,one thing that I found out interesting he will be new host of Wheel of Fortune did Pat Sajak decide to retire after 50 years ???

Reactions: Big Orange#1
Well I was curious who Ryan Seacrest was so I Google his name. Well to my surprise no wonder I hadn't heard of him he was producer of shows I have never watched. American Idol and Keeping Up With the Kardashians,one thing that I found out interesting he will be new host of Wheel of Fortune did Pat Sajak decide to retire after 50 years ???
Have you ever watched the ball drop in New York on New Years Eve?

bru,

Those shows are horrible, but Seacrest has been around for two decades.

Why do none of you guys ever take the OL into account when surmising the strength of our offense...IMO it will be the difference between good and great.

🤷‍♂️
I think that's kind of a given. Won't matter what anyone does if the OL doesn't get it done first. Based on what the coaches have gotten out of the OL, the RBs and the WRs in the first 2 years, I see no reason to expect them to fall off the planet. The only question left is Milton. Can he be just good enough or can he be great? We score a lot if he's just good, we're unstoppable if he's great. Considering Heupel's QB track record, he'll be good. Hopefully he takes it a step or two further and becomes a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back