Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Westmoreland, Raynoch and Al Wilson, best linebacking trio ever, at UT. Yes, even better than Hacksaw, Kiner and my fellow Fulton alum, Jackie Walker. They were effing awesome, too. They probably even got Al, EMo and Raynoch ("you in next week" as Basilio used to say) in post season awards. But, I still think the latter was better, maybe because I didn't see the former live, wasn't even born, yet. Probably biased
They had second best DL ever.

I think Burnette, Simon et al were better.

I loved Hannah-Barbera, but Looney Tunes runs circles around them for sheer timeless humor. Looney Tunes is the GOAT and it isn't even close. Anyone says different and we can discuss over some scattered covered smothered and topped hashbrowns after the bleeding stops from our knife fight in the parking lot of the nearest Waffle House.

200w.gif

1690068985522.gif

Some more offseason thoughts/notes that are worth revisiting as we move closer to fall camp.

Bud Elliott on Florida:

> not a lot of difference makers at WR

> OL is a concern. They had two guys get drafted and two guys transfer. One of the Florida guys that went to USC beat out their current guy for the starting LT spot. Probably says more about the state of USC OL but Florida lost two good players in a unit of need. Another depth guy on the line transferred to Arkansas. Another guy tore his achilles. Another guy had a shoulder procedure.

> Saying Florida OL will be bad. Not as bad as (monumentally god awful) 2022 Virginia OL, but more towards that side of the spectrum. (Aaron Beasley gonna eat again?)

> Two Florida transfer DL in from Memphis and Louisville were good in spring.

Bud Elliott and Tom Fornelli also said Tennessee is a top-3 QB room in the SEC.

Bud got into a 40-something page brawl with the posters on Florida 247 that was very entertaining.

Some more offseason thoughts/notes that are worth revisiting as we move closer to fall camp.

Bud Elliott on Florida:

> not a lot of difference makers at WR

> OL is a concern. They had two guys get drafted and two guys transfer. One of the Florida guys that went to USC beat out their current guy for the starting LT spot. Probably says more about the state of USC OL but Florida lost two good players in a unit of need. Another depth guy on the line transferred to Arkansas. Another guy tore his achilles. Another guy had a shoulder procedure.

> Saying Florida OL will be bad. Not as bad as (monumentally god awful) 2022 Virginia OL, but more towards that side of the spectrum. (Aaron Beasley gonna eat again?)

> Two Florida transfer DL in from Memphis and Louisville were good in spring.

Bud Elliott and Tom Fornelli also said Tennessee is a top-3 QB room in the SEC.

Bud got into a 40-something page brawl with the posters on Florida 247 that was very entertaining.

1690070156833.gif

My wife goes by Gigi and they decided to call me Paw Z. You find out you most likely go by whatever THEY come up with.
I wanted to be Gigi or Grammy. My daughter said no to Gigi because she saw a movie with an evil Gigi. My first granddaughter would say everyone’s name but mine. Finally in frustration I said… why won’t you say Grammy…my…my…my! She said…MeMe. So that’s what I am.

I was in student section upper deck- either DD or EE. Will never forget that night.

What were you all thinking at the time as far as national expectations? Did you think about winning the SEC? Any chance at a national championship?

What were you all thinking at the time as far as national expectations? Did you think about winning the SEC? Any chance at a national championship?

It was like the 3rd game of the year. Was happy to beat UF but a long way to go. The Arkansas game was the one that determined where we were going. I was bummed out after losing Jamal after the Auburn game.

I went to 11 of the 13 games. Missed at Syracuse and at Georgia.

National Champions since 2015 and their roster ranking for that season per 247
2015) Alabama 1st
2016) Clemson 9th
2017) Alabama 1st
2018) Clemson 6th
2019) LSU 5th
2020) Alabama 2nd
2021) Georgia 2nd
2022) Georgia 2nd
Tennessee cracking the top 10 in recruiting back to back years is huge. We have a great staff developing players. Combined with top 10 roster a year or two down the line and the Vols have a shot at a National Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back