Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to some in the 90s but don’t have specific memories until the Houston game in 1998. I also remember a 1999 game against Memphis where we wore orange pants and won like 17-16 or something. And then I’m almost certain I went to the Florida game in 2000 because I have very vivid memories of Lee Corso Gator chomping the crowd and that we lost.

Oct 8, 1983 was my first game in person. Beat LSU 20 to 6. Alan Cockrell ran for a like a 50+ yard touchdown. It took what seemed like 2 minutes, he was so slow. I was 19. Bought 2 tickets on the strip and got in to find out the tickets had been stolen. Guy had the UT police come when we showed up for the seats. Convinced them we bought them from a scalper. Went back outside and bought 2 more after game had started for 5 bucks. Good times.
i went to the 1982 Kentucky game with a friend
we bought 2 tickets on the street
unfortunately we didn’t notice they were for the 1980 game…idiot
just who keeps 2 year old tickets to sell on the street 2 years later? lol
funny enough it was not my first game to see as we were scammed..lol

Former Lady Vols making headlines in the Women's World Cup. Hannah Wilkinson scored the winner to help New Zealand upset Norway in the first game of the tournament 1-0. Jamaican superstar Bunny Shaw got sent off with a bogus red card in extra time but Jamaica secured the tie against powerhouse France.

Edit: Also, I believe that was New Zealand's first ever win at a World Cup.

I went to some as a baby and wee lad I don't remember. Anywhere from 96-00 I think. I remember walking up the stadium ramp as a small pup and my granny being super worried that I'd fall and die.

But I grew up in VA and my TN family didn't take me to games when I got older. Probably because school? So the next game I went to was 2014 Mizzou blah. The two onside kicks that were called back boooo.

I went to some as a baby and wee lad I don't remember. Anywhere from 96-00 I think. I remember walking up the stadium ramp as a small pup and my granny being super worried that I'd fall and die.

But I grew up in VA and my TN family didn't take me to games when I got older. Probably because school? So the next game I went to was 2014 Mizzou blah. The two onside kicks that were called back boooo.
I thought you were old

Dang the last month has been extremely busy for us with our garden this year. We have already canned 164 qts of green beans, 28 qts of spaghetti sauce, 32 qts of tomatoes and put up 54 bags of corn! With all the rain we've had this summer, our garden has produced like gangbusters! Between us both working full time and doing all the garden work, I have barely been able to keep up on here!

My first game I went to was 2010 vs ole miss. Vols won big.

My next game was 2012 vs Florida. I was so pissed when I left .

At vandy 2012.. enough said....

2014 Florida. First checker neyland...... no comment

At bama 2015 . A friend that was a bammer invited me. Said he would pay for everything, so I went. I know he wanted to talk some trash thinking it was gonna be a blowout. Towards the end of the 4th was glorious watching him squirm and his plan was about to backfire . But was a good game.

I decided I was a jinx so I didn't go to anymore games. Until last years UT Martin game.

Where do we go from here with DL recruiting?

The same place I always go with recruiting. I leave it to our coaching staff. They are looking for players who have a certain set of attributes from physical, IQ, personality, leadership, etc.

Not all of the top rated commits fit their profile nor do they fit the culture.
I absolutely trust this group to get their players. They want to succeed as much as we want them to succeed.

When I was real little, I remember flashes of Peyton Manning on tv but can’t remember the exact games. The first vivid memories of watching the Vols was the 98 Syracuse game and the 98 Florida game. My first game I attended was the 2001 Vandy game and it was in a monsoon lol

The same place I always go with recruiting. I leave it to our coaching staff. They are looking for players who have a certain set of attributes from physical, IQ, personality, leadership, etc.

Not all of the top rated commits fit their profile nor do they fit the culture.
I absolutely trust this group to get their players. They want to succeed as much as we want them to succeed.
I didnt realize this at the time but we have two committed. But we lose as many as 5.

Dang the last month has been extremely busy for us with our garden this year. We have already canned 164 qts of green beans, 28 qts of spaghetti sauce, 32 qts of tomatoes and put up 54 bags of corn! With all the rain we've had this summer, our garden has produced like gangbusters! Between us both working full time and doing all the garden work, I have barely been able to keep up on here!

But how many marijuanas have you been able to produce?

1st game was 2011 vs mtsu, then I went to the akron game in 2012, and then my first SEC game was the 2013 game vs Auburn. I saved my bday money as well as mowed yards heading into freshman year of hs to save money for season tickets for the 2014 season, and my dad matched what I saved as well. I’ve had season tickets ever since but once I graduated hs and got a real job I was able to upgrade the seats to the lower level where j am today

1st game was 2011 vs mtsu, then I went to the akron game in 2012, and then my first SEC game was the 2013 game vs Auburn. I saved my bday money as well as mowed yards heading into freshman year of hs to save money for season tickets for the 2014 season, and my dad matched what I saved as well. I’ve had season tickets ever since but once I graduated hs and got a real job I was able to upgrade the seats to the lower level where j am today
Humble times going to your first games in the Dooley era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back