Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without thinking, I unknowingly clicked on Govolsextra's sharticle. I'm plicit in their smear campaign waged against the UTK athletics program. Of all the troll jobs on Earth, our hometown paper!

Literally STILL investigating the investigation. Thank heaven its over.

How Tennessee's recruitment of Dylan Brooks surfaced in NCAA scandal
That paper sucks. Just terrible now.

I grew up around Knoxville and the News-Sentinel was a great paper. Everybody read it. It turned into a click-baiting, headline-chasing POS.

Unfortunately, hometown newspapers are slowly dying. They start chasing clicks and the few remaining dollars available before eventually dying.

I tried that a couple weeks ago by re-watching the Orange Bowl. It raised concerns. That game was more fun watching it the first time around (with plenty of beer). Many Vol fans talk about that game like we dominated Clemson. We didn't. It was a one-score game well into the 4th quarter.
What? It was literally 21-6 going into the 4th quarter. They scored 8 points 5 minutes into the 4th quarter, then 90 seconds later we scored again, then again. I’ve watched that game 5+ times since then, there’s not a lot from that game to be concerned about

Really hoping staff takes advantage and signs a full class. If my memory serves, we signed less than 25 lats yurr. We got Tyre West late, but that's it.

There will likely be some kids that jump out in their Sr seasons, so, all isnt lost. Hope we can get someone we werent suppsed too.
West was 2 years ago

Looks like recruiting as come to a stand still by reading most of uncommitted players threads😞😞😞😞😞
Tennessee's last 5 weeks

June 18: 4-star S Boo Carter commits

June 20: 4-star LB Jordan Burns commits

June 22: 4-star OT Max Anderson commits

June 30: 4-star WR Braylon Staley commits

July 7: 4-star OG William Satterwhite commits

July 19: 5-star WR Mike Matthews commits

July 21: 4-star ILB Edwin Spillman commits

July 26: 4-star CB Cai Bates?

August 5: 4-star Amari Jefferson?

Is 7 blue chip commitments in 5 weeks not good enough for you? I swear, the attitudes on this forum sometimes blows my mind

Tennessee's last 5 weeks

June 18: 4-star S Boo Carter commits

June 20: 4-star LB Jordan Burns commits

June 22: 4-star OT Max Anderson commits

June 30: 4-star WR Braylon Staley commits

July 7: 4-star OG William Satterwhite commits

July 19: 5-star WR Mike Matthews commits

July 21: 4-star ILB Edwin Spillman commits

July 26: 4-star CB Cai Bates?

August 5: 4-star Amari Jefferson?

Is 7 blue chip commitments in 5 weeks not good enough for you? I swear, the attitudes on this forum sometimes blows my mind
Your taking it the wrong way damn everybody wants to argue,I'm happy with that but their trying for more and some are switching their thoughts according to some posters I just going by what the "insiders" are saying

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
July 25, 1956

Roberto Clemente hits the first, and only, walk-off Inside-the-park Home Run in MLB history

!!!ClementeIPHRSlam.jpg

The Andrea Doria was struck by the Swedish-American vessel Stockholm off Nantucket Island, Ma. killing 51.

Andrea-Doria-coast-Stockholm-Nantucket-Massachusetts-July-1956.jpg
How does one have a walk off in-the-park HR?

That paper sucks. Just terrible now.

I grew up around Knoxville and the News-Sentinel was a great paper. Everybody read it. It turned into a click-baiting, headline-chasing POS.

Unfortunately, hometown newspapers are slowly dying. They start chasing clicks and the few remaining dollars available before eventually dying.
And it’s really a bad thing for society. Local news is important, especially investigating local corruption. Local politics has the most affect on our day to day lives and now I guess we’ll just get our news through Facebook 🤮🤮

Why in god's name did we let these clowns in the SEC?

Seriously, did we gain access to a massive market out of College Station? Did it bump up our collective academics?

Personally id about rather watch an ACC volleybal game than watch TAMU play any sport.
TAMU probably has more fans than Tennessee does.

They do according to whoever this is: https://www.si.com/fannation/colleg...s-ohio-state-texas-alabama-georgia-notre-dame

With that said, if they were all forced to attend the homosexual cult midnight yell thing, I have no doubt the numbers would dwindle big time.

Reactions: Glitch and bignewt
Your taking it the wrong way damn everybody wants to argue,I'm happy with that but their trying for more and some are switching their thoughts according to some posters I just going by what the "insiders" are saying
You’ll have to excuse me, but it’s like when I finish 2-3 home projects, all is good in the world, and my wife, love her to death, goes “well what about (insert menial task)”. Just be happy with what Heupel has done in one month and don’t focus on who we aren’t getting. That’s recruiting

Meet and greet for my oldest grandson and granddaughter at school Thursday and start back August 1st anybody else's kids going to this soon???

Mine start the 7th, but they are in virtual school in Rutherford County. So, they will do school from their desks at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back