Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it’s just going to be two big conferences? One with west coast and east coast teams? Somebody stop the insanity!!
Screw it…….
P5 teams need to form their own “league” and run it like professional sports.

Let the other schools play “amateur” football

Last edited:
Anyone got Starlink yet? I put the deposit down two years ago and it's now available to me. I have until Monday to purchase the equipment or they send my deposit back and I lose my place in line.
No experience with Starlink but would be very interested in your experience if you start using it.

Coach Heup is shedding some serious weight! Good for him! Need him to take care of his health and be at Tennessee for 20 years or more!
Very happy for Heup and proud of him. It takes focus and effort. It can't but be good for the team as well. Imagine a coach not only telling players to transform their bodies, but doing it himself.

Anyone got Starlink yet? I put the deposit down two years ago and it's now available to me. I have until Monday to purchase the equipment or they send my deposit back and I lose my place in line.
clients that use it have no other options.

i would find an isp and search rdof grants.

spectrum has a website.

https://www.spectrum.com/cp/build

im happy to provide you with info beyond that invol. what city do you livein?

Reactions: KptVFL
I got it
It's awesome in middle of nowhere with no other options
Make sure you got a clear line of sight to the north
Sats are low so ping is good
Can game with it
Avg around 100 MB per sec
There is a hack I used to get around the 2 year wait

Pick area where available, Google Earth an abandoned house in that area, set this as your address, shipping address to your home

In 8 days I had one, solved a huge problem for me

Last edited:
clients that use it have no other options.

i would find an isp and search rdof grants.

spectrum has a website.

https://www.spectrum.com/cp/build
Spectrum is no where close to me as far as I know. I don't have any cable provider. Comcast is about a mile down the road. We have frontier DSL, that's our only choice. We're supposed to get 25MBS but we're lucky to get 20. We call them they say "Tough ****". They claim they are running fiber but no promises on when.

I've ordered the starlink equipment. I like the idea of it being portable so I can take it on the boat and RV. I have a friend that has it on one of our boats and he's getting 120 or better.

I got it
It's awesome in middle of nowhere with no other options
Make sure you got a clear line of sight to the north
Sats or low so ping us good
Can game with it
Avg around 100 MB per sec
There is a hack I used to get around the 2 year wait

Pick area where available, Google Earth an abounded house in that area, set this as your address, shipping address to your home

In 8 days I had one, solved a huge problem for me
several of our clients in roan mtn use it. folks with bandwidth needs will pull in a hardline in addition. or demarc a hardline to closest building and line of sight from there.

i know of folks who have become an isp of doing this very thing. we actually recommend several it firms that do this.

Reactions: Glitch and StoVol

Buddy has it for his unconnected farm house and loves it for there. No idea how it compares if you already have access to high speed though, price wise.

Reactions: Orange.
Spectrum is no where close to me as far as I know. I don't have any cable provider. Comcast is about a mile down the road. We have frontier DSL, that's our only choice. We're supposed to get 25MBS but we're lucky to get 20. We call them they say "Tough ****". They claim they are running fiber but no promises on when.

I've ordered the starlink equipment. I like the idea of it being portable so I can take it on the boat and RV. I have a friend that has it on one of our boats and he's getting 120 or better.
frontier is in throws of building fiber. comcast has same rdof grants, as us. what power company do you use?

I think its along lines of old Hughes Net ideas, just fiber based. Big downloads, low upload.

If that's your use then Id say go for it. No one ive ever talked to, that can get it (rural WV cannot access, so they turn to Frontier), has complained other than latency, jitter. etc which would only impact telephony. Who uses a damn landline?

Reactions: KptVFL

Sounds perfect for your situation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back