Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im very close to exposing who you really are. You have taken money, a phone, and now a gaming console from these people. This is low even for you.
hmmm

5 posts all time, and 2 of them are disappeared. Does that means mods deleted them? This is the first post in nearly 2 years.

several of our clients in roan mtn use it. folks with bandwidth needs will pull in a hardline in addition. or demarc a hardline to closest building and line of sight from there.

i know of folks who have become an isp of doing this very thing. we actually recommend several it firms that do this.
I was telephone lineman for 3 years for Frontier
Dsl is like trying to make chicken salad out of chicken ....
Wires too small, more importantly not shielded
And Frontier puts 25 customers on a 25 pair
Supposed be max 13
The sine waves interfere with each other
Causing errors, so it asks for the information again, causing an error cascade

Close to a nid you get 7 meg, over mile you need to drop to 3 or 4, after 2 miles 1.5 meg max. After 3 miles forget it

I was telephone lineman for 3 years for Frontier
Dsl is like trying to make chicken salad out of chicken ....
Wires too small, more importantly not shielded
And Frontier puts 25 customers on a 25 pair
Supposed be max 13
The sine waves interfere with each other
Causing errors, so it asks for the information again, causing an error cascade

Close to a nid you get 7 meg, over mile you need to drop to 3 or 4, after 2 miles 1.5 meg max. After 3 miles forget it

DSL is so hub dependent.

Century Stink did same thing. Only now are they moving to fiber. There really will be fiber all over E and Central TN before 2025.

Monry isnt the issue, its finding contractors.

Century Stink did same thing. Only now are they moving to fiber. There really will be fiber all over E and Central TN before 2025.

Monry isnt the issue, its finding contractors.
Hope so, contracts holding up expansion for years
But so many people complaining
Ben Lomand is expanding into Cumberland county from white county/ Sparta
Fiber is coming slowly but surely

I think its along lines of old Hughes Net ideas, just fiber based. Big downloads, low upload.

If that's your use then Id say go for it. No one ive ever talked to, that can get it (rural WV cannot access, so they turn to Frontier), has complained other than latency, jitter. etc which would only impact telephony. Who uses a damn landline?

Much different than Hughsnet. Satellite internet typically 22000 miles vs 342 miles for starlink. Latency comparable to cable.

Screw it…….
P5 teams need to form their own “league” and run it like professional sports.

Let the other schools play “amateur” football

I miss the old college football structure, when there were the conferences and a boatload of independents. What a beautiful mess it was!

So if TN is any indication, this only needed 13.5% of it's fraction of the covidity slush fund sent to TN. The feds could have wired the entire country a decade or more ago easily.
i'm not sure man. im not sure his readily available fiber was then. not sure if the technology was there even a decade ago for affordable gigabit passive optical networks. I know it started with TVA pushing it, through EPB.

Was a logical extension for power companies as they owned the pole right of ways (space on the poles), and can up charge on power to offset running in the red for internet services.

Reactions: Brillovol
2 separate issues imo

1) His actual personality. You both seem to agree.

2) Tangential and utilitarian endpoints caused by him, but just happenstance. Yes, he boosted the NBA and thus down the line possibly others. But this is a bit of a stretch link and regardless, purely utilitarian. Don’t usually give people credit for accidentals.
Jordan is just as responsible for the massive popularity of the NBA and thus the insane money those guys(and thus the girls since they depend so much on the NBA subsidizing them) make as Tiger is for Pro Golfers...you don't understand because you didn't see what happened...you were not there....so you don't believe it.

I remember when the NBA finals were on tape delay.

Anyone got Starlink yet? I put the deposit down two years ago and it's now available to me. I have until Monday to purchase the equipment or they send my deposit back and I lose my place in line.
Works good in middle of nowhere Mulberry TN. And we live in a valley with two big hills on north and south. Went from not being able to stream Netflix to streaming in two rooms and gaming online. Get frozen sometimes and kicked out of matches but still worlds better than Hughesnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back