Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a 67. The 67 had the fins on the side behind the doors not the chrome piece.

1967-ford-mustang
Yeah, that's one reason I thought 65 or 66. Looks like its a 66

Reactions: knoxvol52
MY son says it's definitely a 66. Things to look for:

The 65 has a cross bar grill, the 66 has either none or the only a horizontal (if it has the integrated lights) and doesn't have the vertical bar.
The 65 has the chrome piece behind the door but it's only vertical whereas the 66 has horizontal canards off the vertical piece.
The 65 has the horizontal speedometer where the 66 has the rotary speedometer.

He said this one pictured has aftermarket AC. He said it looks like it a Vintage Air package.
Ah, ok. I wish I'd asked the owner more. The engine still has me confused. I was actually talking to the owner's old lady, so she was probably wrong about a couple things. Said it was all original. Maybe the air pack is aftermarket, but from the 60's? I dont know, I'll definitely be looking a little closer while in around the owners.

-They keep it completely honest with you
-Family atmosphere

You always get some combination of the same dozen or so reasons when a player commits. But it is uncanny how every player from the last two cycles has said this.

I think it's a really positive sign in the transfer portal era. Unless you are dealing with generational talent, every player out of HS is going to need 1-2 years of time to develop. That is a major waste of resources if they leave. I think getting players that are a good fit and are coming for the right reasons will be a major factor to preventing attrition.

RB room case in point. I really would not have predicted Small, Wright, and Sampson to all still be here if you asked me at the end of last year.

I still have mine and it still works.

And now I feel old.

I never had an original GameBoy but I had a GameBoy Advance and GameBoy Color and they along with my old Ti-85 calculator would likely still be working were it not for the fire. Those things were built to last. Now that I think about it I can't remember anyone ever complaining about breaking one. Did anyone manage to break one with normal use or even normal drops? I think you might have to drop them off a balcony to do any damage.

All this talk about older vehicles, I figure I'll post mine. I found this near hot springs Arkansas last week. It's a 1994. I've wanted a 2 door yukon/Tahoe since I was a kid. It has a new motor/trans and interior is a 9 outta 10. Only issue is paint is peeling. But I'm gonna have it painted.

View attachment 566772
I love the old body style Chevy's. Great looking vehicles. Slap a phantom billet grille on and they look awesome imo. Nice

All this talk about older vehicles, I figure I'll post mine. I found this near hot springs Arkansas last week. It's a 1994. I've wanted a 2 door yukon/Tahoe since I was a kid. It has a new motor/trans and interior is a 9 outta 10. Only issue is paint is peeling. But I'm gonna have it painted.

View attachment 566772
This is the exact model I want! Either in black or white. I wish you could take off the rear top, like a bronco and I think K5s and Jimmy's.

Kiffin will probably actually leave this next offseason. He's clearly butthurt that the deck is stacked against him and Ole Miss isn't going to be able to keep up in recruiting.

He would've left this offseason, imo, but no one was willing to pay. He certainly poked around every place he could. I'm not sure that Kiffin is the commodity that everyone thinks he is anymore and the longer he stays at OM the more that will be proven true. He's had 2 big time HC jobs and another good job (OM), plus an NFL HC job and managed to not do much at all. At some point, people will stop hiring him off of 7 win seasons or saying 'well he was dealing with sanctions' or 'well he was at OM' and great OC but mediocre HC will become the narrative. It would be in his best interests to get out before that happens unless he really wants to make OM where he stays.

He would've left this offseason, imo, but no one was willing to pay. He certainly poked around every place he could. I'm not sure that Kiffin is the commodity that everyone thinks he is anymore and the longer he stays at OM the more that will be proven true. He's had 2 big time HC jobs and another good job (OM), plus an NFL HC job and managed to not do much at all. At some point, people will stop hiring him off of 7 win seasons or saying 'well he was dealing with sanctions' or 'well he was at OM' and great OC but mediocre HC will become the narrative. It would be in his best interests to get out before that happens unless he really wants to make OM where he stays.
That's already the narrative on Kiffin for anyone that has been paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back