Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
All sarcasm and jokes aside, DL is really our only "need" left in this class. Certain players would still be great adds, but they're like icing on the cake. Two good interior DL guys and an Edge, and I think our "needs" are met. Once the high school season starts, new targets will emerge. Plus JuCo guys will be evaluated.
Member when they pulled Tyre out of their ass...I member.

All sarcasm and jokes aside, DL is really our only "need" left in this class. Certain players would still be great adds, but they're like icing on the cake. Two good interior DL guys and an Edge, and I think our "needs" are met. Once the high school season starts, new targets will emerge. Plus JuCo guys will be evaluated.
We could 'use' a second TE. Would be good to get Wingo.

I would consider landing 1 stud DL to be a success.

We could 'use' a second TE. Would be good to get Wingo.

I would consider landing 1 stud DL to be a success.
Wingo, another TE, even another OT if we could get one, that's what I mean by icing. We have those positions covered now to where they aren't "needs" in this class, but who doesn't love icing? Really bad, unhappy people. That's who.

Wingo, another TE, even another OT if we could get one, that's what I mean by icing. We have those positions covered now to where they aren't "needs" in this class, but who doesn't love icing? Really bad, unhappy people. That's who.
Icing = Frosting 🤔

I like strawberry cream cheese icing.

🤢
I bet you love that super thick icing too. Fondet.🤮

Ah, ok. I wish I'd asked the owner more. The engine still has me confused. I was actually talking to the owner's old lady, so she was probably wrong about a couple things. Said it was all original. Maybe the air pack is aftermarket, but from the 60's? I dont know, I'll definitely be looking a little closer while in around the owners.
Air cleaner looks like an aftermarket unit designed like the ones on Shelby Cobra's. Car is definitely a 66. Don't think they made a 65 K code automatic. Only 4 speeds. They did offer an automatic in 66. K code cars did not come with power steering or A/C.

Ah, ok. I wish I'd asked the owner more. The engine still has me confused. I was actually talking to the owner's old lady, so she was probably wrong about a couple things. Said it was all original. Maybe the air pack is aftermarket, but from the 60's? I dont know, I'll definitely be looking a little closer while in around the owners.
VIntage air is not from the 60's. I'm not sure they had aftermarket ACs in the 60's. I bet it's new AC.

VIntage air is not from the 60's. I'm not sure they had aftermarket ACs in the 60's. I bet it's new AC.

Two things that I would def. not mind being changed in a vintage car - AC and sound systems (especially if you could get the radio to look like it belonged in the car - surely, someone makes something like that where you can buy modern tech outfitted to look retro but if not they need to).

On the radio thing... I wonder how many even have original radios? The first thing most teenagers do when they get a vehicle is upgrade the radio and a lot of vintage cars were passed down to kids until the cars got old enough to be valuable again.

Yeah it was conquered land, like all land has been throughout history.

I'm not talking about TR and any dealings with NA specifically, I'll be the first to admit that history isn't my strong suit, but more speaking to the general tendency to judge every historical figure through a modern lens. You could be a genuinely good person, causing positive change and leaving the world better than you found it, but because you were deemed to be on the wrong side of an historical conflict, some would try to tear down your accomplishments. While I don't believe in moral relativism, I do believe that we really need to use the cultural lens appropriate to the period.

What if hers is bigger than yours?

big-gulps-welp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back