Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked my wife to rate my listening skills. and she said, "you're an 8 on a scale of 10."

I still don't understand why she told me to pee on a skeleton, but here we are.

3 on a scale of 10 would have made more sense.

anchorman-amateur-hour.gif

Do need others with YouTube TV to weigh in. We cancelled DirecTV as soon as the season ended (and they lost Sunday Ticket). I don't need 2000 channels or whatever the hell.

Have Hulu now because of the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu bundle but the live TV is extra. Thinking about going YouTube TV. I heard they have a 4-channel split screen which would be ideal for Saturdays, and then of course they have Sunday Ticket now.
Only complaint I have is how the DVR works when away from home and you are trying to rewind and watch a ongoing live event from the beginning. You can't. I would be out of town for work, then I would have to wait until a game is over, before I could go back and watch it from the start...which puts you in spoiler alert. Also, the UI can be a little sluggish, but it's not bad.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Yes. They were in Central. It was not that the work load or the level of work was too much for them. It is that from the moment they walked through the door, they were bombarded with college, ACT, and scholarships. That is what Central prides itself on. How many of their kids go you Harvard, Yale, etc. How many of their kids get perfect or near perfect ACT scores. How much scholarship money their kids get offered and accept every year. Those are all great things, but if it comes at the cost of my child's mental health and well being then we have a problem. The motto at Central is "My best.", but my girls felt like there were days when their best was pretty darn good but still didn't feel good enough.

I say all that to say this. You will have to decide what is best for your children. Are they the type the excel in that environment or are they the type that will never feel they are doing well enough. Maybe try it out for a year or two. You can always explore other options if it isn't a good fit. If you want more insights I would glad to offer our experience in more detail.

Late, but Thanks!

Reactions: Glitch
THE RF MORAN INVITATIONAL COLLEGE FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE IS BACK!

Fantrax

We need 14 teams again. Season starts Aug 26th so we will have a live draft AUGUST 20th at 6 PM EST

This is a COMPETITIVE league, even if it's not for money (but plenty of @frankbucks.) No half wits or in state recruiting dweebs need apply.

Good luck let me know if you have any questions.

That team was so talented. A championship level roster with a below average C-USA level coach.

I have no doubt if this staff had that roster, they would have curb stomped Florida, Georgia, and A&M into the ground that year... Even ignoring the complete collapse on the tail end of the season. Still... Was a fun ending though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back