Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. That reminds me of a giant shipment of weed that got accidentally found out here. They were moving it around inside of furniture and using the manufacturers as cover - shipping to and from the plants. Only problem with that setup was that they obviously couldn't control who was at those workplaces or what they were doing all of the time. Stuff could arrive early or unscheduled or slip through and on into the workplace before it was intercepted by those doing the smuggling. I'm not sure if anyone ever got in trouble for it or if the weed just got found.

And yeah, some people are just super duper lucky that way. It makes you wonder what deal they made with who and whether or not you can get in on it. 🤣
It is a really ingenious way of moving illicit drugs around. The hard part is getting them into the country in the first place.

Reactions: UTProf
Seven are already in! Halfway full!

Fantrax
twss.gif

Here's the question: Why would FSU and Clemson WANT to be in the Big 10??

At what point does the revenue increase from the TV deals not surpass actually being competitive and the stress places on your coaches and athletes to travel cross country weekly?

Colorado moving to Big 12 made sense. UCLA, Oregon, USC, Washington, FSU, and Clemson to Big 10 doesn't make sense.

It's too late, but there should've been serious parameters placed on these movements.

At what point does the revenue increase from the TV deals not surpass actually being competitive and the stress places on your coaches and athletes to travel cross country weekly?

Colorado moving to Big 12 made sense. UCLA, Oregon, USC, Washington, FSU, and Clemson to Big 10 doesn't make sense.

It's too late, but there should've been serious parameters placed on these movements.
I doubt Jack knows anything. He’s a blowhard. Could happen but not anytime soon imo. No one else that is respected is reporting anything like that. Look for Chris Low

It's money period. I read an article that said that Big10 members may get up to 70 mil a year from a new tv deal. ACC is not anywhere close to making that money for their teams. Way too much dead weight in that conference from a revenue-generating sports perspective (i.e. football and blue blood bball).

Reactions: SoilVol
West Virginia should've gone to ACC or Big 10. UCF should go to ACC. Clemson and FSU should be SEC candidates (IF they move - I'd rather not the former). Cincy is Big 10 and ACC material. Memphis Big 12. App State and Troy to ACC maybe. Nebraska back to the Big 12. Rutgers and Maryland to ACC. Virginia Tech to SEC. Force Notre Dame to choose Big 10 or ACC.

We are getting to the point where we need to split the FBS into CFP league and FBS league. Where CFP is 4 or 6 evenly sized conferences and FBS is the remaining G5 teams that can promote FCS schools to their ranks. Later down the road consider relegating trash CFP teams and trading with the top FBS teams. At this point football is bastardizing the traditional college sports organizational structure anyway so we might as well separate football from typical conference alignment anyway.

Reactions: cgarner30
I got it originally at $35 and they grandfathered that until they didn't. Now I'm paying $85 after tax with the 4k/unlimited streams option. I'm splitting it with my brother so it's not a terrible situation considering other options. It's by far the best TV streaming service
Yeah i was in the same boat with you. I miss those days lol

Reactions: KptVFL
It's money period. I read an article that said that Big10 members may get up to 70 mil a year from a new tv deal. ACC is not anywhere close to making that money for their teams. Way too much dead weight in that conference from a revenue-generating sports perspective (i.e. football and blue blood bball).
I do wonder this: do these movements help or hurt non-revenue/Olympic sports? Both at the moving schools and at the schools stuck behind, where the conference will likely lose money/deals to distribute

Reactions: DarthVol1
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back