Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate all of this conference realignment BS. However, if some of these teams prioritized geography, I’d hate it less. There’s zero reason why West Virginia and Cincinnati should be in the Big 12, zero reason why USC and UCLA are in the Big 10, etc. Missouri doesn’t belong in the SEC and neither does A&M. I understand why Slive added them (tv markets), but I think we might’ve been better off adding Va Tech and West Virginia. The SEC is a massive money maker without big markets.

Edit: I know why they switched conferences (money), but I feel like the PAC 12, Big 12, and maybe the ACC would be better off if they added some good, lower level teams that have potential. SMU to the Big 12 as an example, Boise to the Pac 12, maybe San Diego State, etc.

Last edited:
We should just invite Ohio St and tell them they are chicken if they say No. "Put up or shut up." 😂 Better in the league than Clemson or VT. A contiguous state. Fun to watch them make excuses.

I hate all of this conference realignment BS. However, if some of these teams prioritized geography, I’d hate it less. There’s zero reason why West Virginia and Cincinnati should be in the Big 12, zero reason why USC and UCLA are in the Big 10, etc. Missouri doesn’t belong in the SEC and neither does A&M. I understand why Slive added them (tv markets), but I think we might’ve been better off adding Va Tech and West Virginia. The SEC is a massive money maker without big markets.

Edit: I know why they switched conferences (money), but I feel like the PAC 12, Big 12, and maybe the ACC would be better off if they added some good, lower level teams that have potential. SMU to the Big 12 as an example, Boise to the Pac 12, maybe San Diego State, etc.
Agreed, You should post more. :cool:

Not really. I do not anticipate him contributing much unless Elarbee can work some magic. I was shocked that we took him.
That is not saying is a bad person or player, I just believe we already had better.
From Eric Cain’s practice observations:
Your starting offensive line during the team portion of Tuesday was as follows (l-to-r): Campbell, Lane, Mays, Spraggins, Crawford. The second group was Mincey, Karic, Ball, Lampley, Davis.

Does not matter. You don't quit in your teammates in the middle of the season
I normally agree 100% but in this case I feel all of the blame goes on the adults in the room…. Butch created such a toxic environment that it ruined the team from the inside out…. It’s so nice to have this administration and staff that we have now….. The players that just graduated are extremely lucky to have played for UT when they did.

I normally agree 100% but in this case I feel all of the blame goes on the adults in the room…. Butch created such a toxic environment that it ruined the team from the inside out…. It’s so nice to have this administration and staff that we have now….. The players that just graduated are extremely lucky to have played for UT when they did.
How old was he when that happened? He was an adult.

Somebody is going to have to explain to me how a 20+ team conference is going to work for football and baseball.
It's gonna make a boat load of money from these deep pockets that carry the games. The rest is just noise that you work with and around. One has to wonder, though, when you reach a breaking point with the money. You can only ask customers to spend so much money on these streaming services. When folks are struggling to pay for gas and food, entertainment will be one of the least important things you spend money on.

Not a huge fan of Mullen, never have been but he’s a solid football coach. Not a relentless recruiter whatsoever and that was his downfall at Florida. But looking at potential job openings I don’t think anywhere fits the guy better than West Virginia. He’d have them 8+ wins again and potentially in a major bowl here and there. The area fits his personality and the job isn’t an elite level position but a step above Miss State. Plus I think he’s from Pennsylvania anyway so it all matches up

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back