Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate all of this conference realignment BS. However, if some of these teams prioritized geography, I’d hate it less. There’s zero reason why West Virginia and Cincinnati should be in the Big 12, zero reason why USC and UCLA are in the Big 10, etc. Missouri doesn’t belong in the SEC and neither does A&M. I understand why Slive added them (tv markets), but I think we might’ve been better off adding Va Tech and West Virginia. The SEC is a massive money maker without big markets.

Edit: I know why they switched conferences (money), but I feel like the PAC 12, Big 12, and maybe the ACC would be better off if they added some good, lower level teams that have potential. SMU to the Big 12 as an example, Boise to the Pac 12, maybe San Diego State, etc.
Tv deal. Nobody wants to watch Boise state v cal.

So all these conferences are looking for more of one thing... Eyeballs. And the dirty little secret that no one will say out loud is that there will never be enough people interested enough in Texas tech vs UCF or VA tech vs NC state to compete with the SEC or big 10.

So programs with any national branding, FSU for example, are more than willing to say 'hey SEC and big 10.... We're available!'

It is not great for the sport imo, but that's the only driving factor in all this.

5 - 4 team pods. Play your pod and 2 others every year for an 11 game conference schedule. Play 1 cupcake out of conference a year. That means everyone has to play every team at least once every other year. That allows for equality in scheduling. Over 20, and I have no idea, unless the entire schedule is conference games.

It’s not a bad idea, but I have a hard time seeing the schools agreeing to 11 conference games. This past year, they couldn’t even get them to agree to 9.

“Hallmark is coming to you LIVE from Berkeley, California for a classic Pac-12 gridiron matchup between the Cal Bears and the Stanford Cardinal. Hello, I’m Lacy Chabert, alongside the legendary Danica McKellar…how you doing tonight, Winnie?”
What is really sad, and surprising...is that you know those names 🤣..wait...I know those names 🤔 OMG I done been whupped...😒

OH Jeez, look at the butt on that!!
F2nFgOkWwAA7k-1

dumb-and.gif

What is really sad, and surprising...is that you know those names 🤣..wait...I know those names 🤔 OMG I done been whupped...😒

To be fair, I knew Danica McKellar from The Wonder Years.

But yes, they might as well start adding:

“I vow to watch Hallmark Christmas movies with you, and pretend to enjoy them, starting (at the latest) after Thanksgiving each year, but no later than New Years Day”

to the wedding vows, these days.

FSU and Clemson going to the B1G whatever is f'n stupid though...I don't understand why the SEC is not offering them, I mean do they really want the B1G having a large footprint in the south?

It seems to me like the SEC would want to put the kybosh on this quick.

Totally agree; I live in Denver but work in Boulder

Only finer sights in Boulder than Ralphie running pregame are 1) the view from the flatirons, and 2) those CU coeds walking up Pearl St in their sun dresses
I love the view when you come over that hill from Denver and Boulder is laid out at the bottom of the Flatirons with the giant snow covered Rockies behind them..it is breathtaking.

How does an 18 year old afford all these tats? I have two small ones and cost me more than I care to admit

I might be wasting too much money on strippers and blow
ive never understood the walking, talking contradiction of people with sleeves taking the victim game to next level, whilst continuing their daily habit, and carrying $1500 in tats on one arm.

Your relying on others to feed you, while complaining the system is unfair. Its a vicious circle in Appalachia.

Ed Sheeran just set the attendance record at Nissan Stadium a couple weeks back. Wife and I went. While his music isn’t my favorite he does put on a hell of a show. It’s just him, his guitar and a loop pedal.. for 2 hours. Insanely talented.
He bores the piss out of me...that sounds coma inducing, and I'm not saying he isn't talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back