Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old was he when that happened? He was an adult.
Yeah he was in those transitional years from being a kid transitioning to being an adult….. when the leader that you trust to assist with that transition turns out to be a liar and manipulator… Being in that kind of environment tends to lead to toxic outcomes…. Just like having a great leader like Heup leads to good outcomes…. Where would Hooker, Hyatt, Tillman, and Wright be without him?

Jazz has quickly become one of my passions. Slow Jazz, Acid Jazz, and lots of Nina Simone. One of the best parts is many records are old enough to find a truly end-to-end analog recording and the vinyl sounds so fantastic.
I hate jazz....it is the one music that I absolutely hate.

ESPN is already laying people off. Ruminations are that New/old Disney brass is making big cutbacks to their hiring, amount of movies released, and to new attractions at theme parks.

Disney over extended itself in other countries it seems.

Point is, if ESPN and Disney are struggling to pay the bills due. Imagine when the chicken comes home to roost next time? I wont pay for it.

Not when there are free streaming services.
Agreed. I have said this before, but CFB is headed down the same path NASCAR did in the early 2000s. Chased the biggest TV markets as popularity rose and abandoned the established regional fan base. Kept chasing the dollars and when the 2008 crash happened, people in those new markets quit spending any money or time watching in person or on TV. Old fanbase found out they did not miss racing that much and quit traveling as well. NASCAR killed their golden goose and will likely never get anything back like that. The Bristol night race used to be the hardest ticket in all of sports to get. Now you can walk up to the gate on race day. CFB will end up doing same thing when all of these schools abandon 100 year old conference alignments.

You'd think the SEC would prefer North Carolina over Clemson. North Carolina has a bigger fanbase and has a historic basketball program. It has the resources to be really good in football, and we may see that this year with Drake Maye. While Clemson's football success over the last decade is inarguable, it still seems like a flash in the pan in the grand scheme of college football history. Do they sustain this success without Dabo?

Agreed. I have said this before, but CFB is headed down the same path NASCAR did in the early 2000s. Chased the biggest TV markets as popularity rose and abandoned the established regional fan base. Kept chasing the dollars and when the 2008 crash happened, people in those new markets quit spending any money or time watching in person or on TV. Old fanbase found out they did not miss racing that much and quit traveling as well. NASCAR killed their golden goose and will likely never get anything back like that. The Bristol night race used to be the hardest ticket in all of sports to get. Now you can walk up to the gate on race day. CFB will end up doing same thing when all of these schools abandon 100 year old conference alignments.
I used to go to Bristol for the night race and your right it's different getting a ticket year in the past was terrible I usely overpaid for a less expensive seat but now it's easy to purchase at a good cost my son is a loyal Nascar Fan big Chase Elliott fan....

Reactions: DarthVol1
You'd think the SEC would prefer North Carolina over Clemson. North Carolina has a bigger fanbase and has a historic basketball program. It has the resources to be really good in football, and we may see that this year with Drake Maye. While Clemson's football success over the last decade is inarguable, it still seems like a flash in the pan in the grand scheme of college football history. Do they sustain this success without Dabo?
Plus it brings us the TV market in a state we don't already have. Same for taking either UVA or VA Tech.

The risk at Bama is the Birmingham officials. They're prolly worth 14 points or more.
Bama is going to do the Kirby thing and physically assault our WRs on every freaking play...and their fans are going to be really pumped. I think the refs are going to let them get away with it, and I believe our OL will have issues like they did at UGA and SC...and we will lose if they do.

Hope I'm wrong. If the refs force the Bubba DBs and LBs to play clean, then we will score and shut the fans up quick....I just can not believe that will happen until I see it.

Bama is going to do the Kirby thing and physically assault our WRs on every freaking play...and their fans are going to be really pumped. I think the refs are going to let them get away with it, and I believe our OL will have issues like they did at UGA and SC...and we will lose if they do.

Hope I'm wrong. If the refs force the Bubba DBs and LBs to play clean, then we will score and shut the fans up quick....I just can not believe that will happen until I see it.
Yep. If there's a team that can muscle is at CB, it's bama. Plus, as you pointed out, the zebras will always be backing big red.

Yeah he was in those transitional years from being a kid transitioning to being an adult….. when the leader that you trust to assist with that transition turns out to be a liar and manipulator… Being in that kind of environment tends to lead to toxic outcomes…. Just like having a great leader like Heup leads to good outcomes…. Where would Hooker, Hyatt, Tillman, and Wright be without him?
I’m not disagreeing at all about Butch or Heupel. I just hate it when people call adults kids. If they’re old enough to vote, drive, go to work to provide for themselves and die defending the country, they are adults. Not that some do not want to grow up until they’re 30.

This. It’s going to end up a NFL minor league that drafts players to stop the NIL debate and has nothing to do with colleges and traditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back