Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO no team in the nation stands to lose more than Clemson after these realignments. Being a Non-flagship school they will slowly diminish in a major conference with stiff competition, they may be richer but recruits will not want to play for a 7-5 team. They will be a little like Ole Miss in the SEC and Iowa or Minnesota in the B10

I understand wanting one governing body to control everything to do with the game of football (and other sports). But exactly what do you hope that the governing body can do to control NIL besides have rules to keep the school and coaches out of it? A limit on the amount? ( Would just go back to paying under the table.) Not allow anything? (Already have a Supreme Court ruling against that.) I’m really curious what others and the NCAA want.

Right! "You are only allowed to make x amount off of YOUR name".

Can has been opened

IMO no team in the nation stands to lose more than Clemson after these realignments. Being a Non-flagship school they will slowly diminish in a major conference with stiff competition, they may be richer but recruits will not want to play for a 7-5 team. They will be a little like Ole Miss in the SEC and Iowa or Minnesota in the B10
That's all they ever were, except for a tiny 10 year blip when they actually won something. Clemson is a glorified mid-major.

Tom Petty was from Gainesville. He died so they claimed him. It honestly feels a little exploitive because they waited until he was dead.
Tom Petty is one of the more overplayed artists ever. I grew up hearing his hits, loved them and now after hearing them 85 million times on the radio and hearing his songs covered at bars by local bands numerous times.

Anyone else feel like they've heard Tom Petty way too much?

Tom Petty is one of the more overplayed artists ever. I grew up hearing his hits, loved them and now after hearing them 85 million times on the radio and hearing his songs covered at bars by local bands numerous times.

Anyone else feel like they've heard Tom Petty way too much?
Never.

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. NIL is not inside the NCAA boundaries. Their boundaries should ONLY be what is inside the university and games. The Supreme Court already ruled they can’t control what they make on NIL.
You are correct they cannot limit one's earnings amount (in essence), but they CAN allow how one earns. Ie, they can't accept payments from a terrorist organization, as an extreme example. Just like you or I couldn't. Even moonlighting laws are allowed in many instances. It's a voluntary contract.

For Universities it is even more strict, with moral clauses and such. Often can't even advertise for beer or weed companies. It's not illegal the entity is restricting them in what they can advertise for.

Reactions: Brillovol
It’s a good thing Tubby never changed jobs for additional pay or perks, lest he be judged as a hypocrite.
What a pandering pos tub of lard. Running to the camera like a politician. Such a fake. His moralizing schtick flies in the face of his entire lifetime of deeds.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back