Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want it to go back to the genteel days that never were? Relinquish the multiple billions cash cow.

Wouldn't disagree, but good luck asking a hundred+ public universities to make back payment for billions. Taxpayers and such.

View attachment 567594

That's quite a few jobs in his long career. Did he quit because he's a quitter or because he found better opportunities? Who gets to say? He's obviously not wrong in every instance, but damn. You get 4-5 years to have the college career you want and that's it. I think we have a happy medium in terms of player freedom and competitive balance right now. Hanging the quitter label on the kids is just an eye roller for me. I've met plenty of quitters... Not a label I would apply to the guys we've gotten from the portal in particular.

Good point Didnt think of it like that.

I took the post as a slight towards the I want it now generation and I get that point too.

Wouldn't disagree, but good luck asking a hundred+ public universities to make back payment for billions. Taxpayers and such.
It’s what I’m saying. Hate the “chaos” that you’ve cashed in on for multiple decades whilst begrudging the players that provide the product money generated outside of the entire fraud scam.

To the few people calling for the NCAA or a new NCAA by another name to step in and save us, WHAT EXACTLY are the SPECIFIC "Wild West" and "Lawless" events in recruiting this cycle that you are referring to? And I don't care about some legislator. What recruiting events?

To the few people calling for the NCAA or a new NCAA by another name to step in and save us, WHAT EXACTLY are the specific "Wild West" and "Lawless" events in recruiting this cycle that you are referring to? And I don't care about some legislator. What recruiting events?
Bag men and under table handshakes…picture of civilization. 😎

Bag men and under table handshakes…picture of civilization. 😎
It's funny because apparently Kirby is still throwing bags, while bragging that he doesn't pay NIL up front (to the admiration of the naive and the NCAA zealots).

But the alleged "wild west" has pretty nearly accomplished what the NCAA has never done and never intended to do (except on paper). NIL has produced a situation in which no one much cares, because everyone else can pay too. It's working. The field is more level than it's ever been. And the athletes are being rewarded.

It is instructive that the NCAA sees no reason to investigate the ongoing criminal mayhem at GA. Of course, GA is the SEC's Representative on the NCAA Council or whatever they call themselves! 😂

These crazy people here want to trust Georgia with our interests.

Last edited:
View attachment 567594

That's quite a few jobs in his long career. Did he quit because he's a quitter or because he found better opportunities? Who gets to say? He's obviously not wrong in every instance, but damn. You get 4-5 years to have the college career you want and that's it. I think we have a happy medium in terms of player freedom and competitive balance right now. Hanging the quitter label on the kids is just an eye roller for me. I've met plenty of quitters... Not a label I would apply to the guys we've gotten from the portal in particular.

That’s an old quote. There’s probably been even more transfers since he said it and NIL came about. He moved up most of his career and got fired at Memphis. While I’m fine with the one time transfer, his point has some merit.

Tom Petty is one of the more overplayed artists ever. I grew up hearing his hits, loved them and now after hearing them 85 million times on the radio and hearing his songs covered at bars by local bands numerous times.

Anyone else feel like they've heard Tom Petty way too much?

Don't come around here no more with this attitude!!

Created in a time when it wasn’t an industry that generates BILLIONS. Teddy Roosevelt spurred it into existence when there was no rules or regulations on FIELD PLAY and actual lives were being lost. It wasn’t until later that they became self-appointed guardians of amateurism and made anything beyond your scholarship, medical expenses, training table and nutrition and a small STIPEND “illegal”. Hypocritical when the President of this altruistic “governing body” claimed a $2.99 million salary to the IRS. Want it to go back to the genteel days that never were? Relinquish the multiple billions cash cow. Cuz even in the 50’s and 60’s an athlete could work and most jobs were based on their fame and basically NIL.
Wow. Great answer.
And that $2.99 billion salary would sure make you want to keep control and everything continuing as normal.

Wow. Great answer.
And that $2.99 billion salary would sure make you want to keep control and everything continuing as normal.

I don't think they were getting billions with a B. The NCAAT is worth that but the NCAA President isn't making a billion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back