Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
State says you can wear a g string. Work can't establish a dress code?

"You have every right to do whatever is legal. You don't have the 'right' to work here. That privilege comes with some boundaries that we set."

That's the distinction. Private organizations get to set boundaries on their membership.
But do those private organizations get to tell their employees what they can do when they are not at work “here”…??? Do they own them like slaves? Or should the employee get to go have a second job? The athlete does everything by the rules while at the university going to school and playing the sport. The NCAA should have rules governing that. They should not be able to make rules about making money off of NIL that they are working so hard to advance. That is not in the “here” of the NCAA. Isn’t that exactly what the Supreme Court ruled?

I don't think they were getting billions with a B. The NCAAT is worth that but the NCAA President isn't making a billion.
The thing is "they" - the association head - doesn't retain nearly that. Nearly every penny is remitted back to the owners of the association - the universities. They are most definitely making absurd amounts and have been.

The association entity ("NCAA") itself is a non-profit. A glorious setup for the members. Why anyone believes they would hand over that agreement is hilarious.

30+ years in a union. Company rules/contract rules can not supersede state laws.
Example- reporting off for bad roads is not acceptable under “rules” state closes roads for bad weather employee can’t be disciplined.
I‘m not saying it’s this simple but we always negotiated with this in mine. Most arbitrators defaulted to this.

That is an outlier example IMHO. Here is mine:

Colorado law says marijuana is legal for medical and recreational consumption. I say if you want to work for my company, that MJ is a no go

Have an accident with your work truck and test positive, you are fired

Now, I am not random testing (probably could not hire a journeyman carpenter in the state if I did); but if you have a worksite accident and piss hot, you done

And it is written in the employee handbook as such

5 years with this hottie🍊View attachment 567624
I was gonna say she needs to drop the zero...but, there's not a single part of you in this picture that's not representing...so that gives you beaucoup cred.
I'd be willing to bet the watch has a Power T screen saver.

Congrats on the 5, my good man.

Tom Petty is one of the more overplayed artists ever. I grew up hearing his hits, loved them and now after hearing them 85 million times on the radio and hearing his songs covered at bars by local bands numerous times.

Anyone else feel like they've heard Tom Petty way too much?

Couple of great freaking songs, but yea….agree

It was our of the NCAAs jurisdiction since the classes were accredited. They broke no rules. That's why it had to go to their accreditation oversight.

That's my recollection.

Similar to the Penn St ordeal. People wanted the NCAA to hammer them for pedophilia. Want an NCAA jurisdiction.

This is the thing that kills me. People want justice based off instinctual feelings of right or wrong. But ignore what the rules actually are and what they can punish based on. Things the member universities agreed upon years or decades prior. Then they claim bias and go on ragers...without researching what the rules and parameters even are...I mean, it's weird even arguing with those folks.

I have little doubt there is at least some bias and discrepancy, as is likely with ANY human-based judicial system...but I also think the popular examples used and the bases of majority outrage are very poor, in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back