Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero regs is better than what AA has done in letting obvious rampant cheating by their cronies go.

I want a real governing body that has real fair rules that are actually enforced fairly on everyone...the AA is NOT it...they ARE the problem.
Stuff and stuff. The NCAA is trying to insert themselves into being the end all. States look like they are getting ahead of this and the courts will be involved. A pissing contest basically. Money on the side of who it benefits mostly. Let the games begin.

Just got my football parking pass assignment: 11th St. garage

Has been G10 for 20 years. Guess some of you morans stepped up the giving after the 11-2 and knocked me down a peg

well-played.gif

That is an outlier example IMHO. Here is mine:

Colorado law says marijuana is legal for medical and recreational consumption. I say if you want to work for my company, that MJ is a no go

Have an accident with your work truck and test positive, you are fired

Now, I am not random testing (probably could not hire a journeyman carpenter in the state if I did); but if you have a worksite accident and piss hot, you done

And it is written in the employee handbook as such

I'm sure our 'legal eagles' can state this better. But, the point is about violations of law rather than things that are legal in a state. For instance, if a Company wants to allow marijuana use, don't try that in Florida. Or further, you can drink legally in all 50 states but a company can still prohibit drinking on the job.

I'm sure our 'legal eagles' can state this better. But, the point is about violations of law rather than things that are legal in a state. For instance, if a Company wants to allow marijuana use, don't try that in Florida. Or further, you can drink legally in all 50 states but a company can still prohibit drinking on the job.
I believe @Orange_Crush said it well last month, but yes, this seems like a a situation of distinguishing minimals/maximals.

Just because a state allows something, DOES NOT mean an entity must allow it as well within its association.

The state's allowance is stating what it is willing to punish based on, not other entities. It's not stating some absolute right that others can't infringe upon.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
John Kelly for the TD…

The way he ran against UF in 2017 was one of my favorite running performances ever. He ran full speed, then cut, then...at the very last second... with a trailing defender...would ollie into the air to avoid the shoestring tackle.

Great to see him still around.

Edit: Also, that play looked eerily similar to the Dobbs-Kamara plays vs UGA 2016 🤔😳 Great play design whatever it is.

Tv deal. Nobody wants to watch Boise state v cal.

So all these conferences are looking for more of one thing... Eyeballs. And the dirty little secret that no one will say out loud is that there will never be enough people interested enough in Texas tech vs UCF or VA tech vs NC state to compete with the SEC or big 10.

So programs with any national branding, FSU for example, are more than willing to say 'hey SEC and big 10.... We're available!'

It is not great for the sport imo, but that's the only driving factor in all this.

Totally get that, and like I said in my post, it’s all money driven. I’m spitballing, bringing up a hypothetical, and playing devils advocate here, but what if a conference like the the Big 12 adds SMU (let’s be honest, the SMU scandal was over 30 years ago) or the ACC adds Georgia Southern? They’re smaller schools but if they’re exposed to more eyes, that’s gonna increase college applications and bring in a lot more money. I realize that scenario is the long game because it’ll take several years for them to catch up, but I just believe that a lot of smaller universities have potential if given the opportunity.

Tom Petty is one of the more overplayed artists ever. I grew up hearing his hits, loved them and now after hearing them 85 million times on the radio and hearing his songs covered at bars by local bands numerous times.

Anyone else feel like they've heard Tom Petty way too much?

Nah. I listened to Tom Petty all though college and at one point after I graduated I got sick of his music. Then one day I listened to him a few years later, and it rekindled my love for his music. One band that I listened to all the time in college was Dave Matthews. I still haven’t listened to his music since ‘09. Skynyrd is another one. Dropped them from my playlist for a few years, but got back into them a few years ago. I just can’t get back into Dave though.

Tom Petty is one of the more overplayed artists ever. I grew up hearing his hits, loved them and now after hearing them 85 million times on the radio and hearing his songs covered at bars by local bands numerous times.

Anyone else feel like they've heard Tom Petty way too much?
Well, you're a real heartbreaker, aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back