Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NCAA cannot limit the amount an individual athlete can make in NIL. But they could set a "salary cap" limiting the amount member institutions spend annually on NIL

NFL salary cap for 2023 is $224.8 million. The Chiefs could pay Mahomes $224.8 million this year, or they can choose to field a 45 man roster

That seems to me to be the only way the 'AA remains relevant
How do you limit an institution when the money does not and cannot come from said institution?

I'll always be a fan of my beloved alma mater Tennessee, but I don't like where college football as a whole is headed. P5 will be the P2 soon.
If I wanted to watch soulless corporate garbage played in stadiums named for shaving products or insurance companies I’d watch the NFL, but looks like I’m not going to have much choice in the matter for long.

If I wanted to watch soulless corporate garbage played in stadiums named for shaving products or insurance companies I’d watch the NFL, but looks like I’m not going to have much choice in the matter for long.
Intramural, baby. It'll be great. And pure!

Purity of the sport! A bunch of poor, no- talent, under- coached slobs thar aren't televised, so no one can watch them.

It'll be all the rage.

That is an outlier example IMHO. Here is mine:

Colorado law says marijuana is legal for medical and recreational consumption. I say if you want to work for my company, that MJ is a no go

Have an accident with your work truck and test positive, you are fired

Now, I am not random testing (probably could not hire a journeyman carpenter in the state if I did); but if you have a worksite accident and piss hot, you done

And it is written in the employee handbook as such
Also, if you "piss hot", you should probably get a penicillin shot, just to be on the safe side.

Pretty fun morning with the kids. Went to Falcons training camp. Kids just missed on getting CP’s autograph (he went back to practice after signing that ball. Kids were right there with the Vol hats) but made up for it later and got Micah Abernathy’s. Had never gone to training camp, but we will do it again. We all had fun.
View attachment 566759
View attachment 566761

My eldest got in on the fun today and went to Saints training camp. Came away with Alontae’s autograph and a “Go Vols!”

IMG_6352.jpeg

I'll always be a fan of my beloved alma mater Tennessee, but I don't like where college football as a whole is headed. P5 will be the P2 soon.

Going beyond 14/16 schools in a conference is ridiculous. Scheduling, traveling, etc. will be a complete mess. All rivalries are going away because you won't play every team even in a 2/3 year period. Just pure greed.

It really is about to be the SEC 16 against everyone else.

Let both the Big Whatever Number They Want To Be come at the SEC…I’m guessing not much changes when it comes to who hoists the trophy at the end of the year 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Good news for Husky fans: they only have to drive 2,850 miles to see their Washington football squad play at Rutgers!
Think about being a fan of Washington baseball, softball or other “non revenue” sport and trying to watch those games. Nevermind being the school who has to pay for those sports to travel and the SA who have to endure that trek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back