Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NCAA cannot limit the amount an individual athlete can make in NIL. But they could set a "salary cap" limiting the amount member institutions spend annually on NIL

NFL salary cap for 2023 is $224.8 million. The Chiefs could pay Mahomes $224.8 million this year, or they can choose to field a 45 man roster

That seems to me to be the only way the 'AA remains relevant
The schools don't spend money on NIL.

Reactions: Devo182
I wish Mizzou would join the Big 10 so we could replace them.
? At least it gives us a middling team and adds balance.

Get rid of TAMU, Texas, and OU first.

Does no one care about competitive balance? Or regional powers? About...the sport?

Pro leagues would never let this nonsense happen. They're actually looking out for their game. Meanwhile the college game is killing its golden goose. Short-term greed 😒

Only a 10hr drive @ 285MPH.

Ducks headed to face off against Meatchicken....
smokey-and.gif

It really is about to be the SEC 16 against everyone else.

Let both the Big Whatever Number They Want To Be come at the SEC…I’m guessing not much changes when it comes to who hoists the trophy at the end of the year 🤷‍♂️
Gross. Eff the SEC.

(Unless it's us doing the hoisting)

Happy Nolan Ryan-Robin Ventura day! Not only do we need to let the players settle their scores on the field more, the commentary of the fight is fantastic.

Just listened to it again and Nolan is clearly whipping his ass and they Sox announcers are trying to say they are ganging up on him. LOL, stupid homers.

Reactions: Brillovol

B-b-but it was ok...as long as all the money went back to the coaches, ADs, and commishes.

Just, dear god, NOT THE PLAYERS 😅

I'm at least most have come around on here. I remember 2, 3, 4 years ago being in the minority. Most hated the idea. Now most aren't against people making their due money. Sensible capitalists they became 🥳

The schools don't spend money on NIL.

MLB commissioner's office does not spend money on salaries, but they set a salary cap as the sport's organizing institution

Mets are about to have their 2023 first round draft pick lowered 10 places for exceeding the cap

Flying from Eugene, Oregon to Piscataway, NJ is not a hop, skip, and a jump. It's a 4 hour flight direct with 3 time zone changes. You can't travel the day before a game and expect kids to be ready to play at the top of their game. But not my problem.

The only thing that helps them is that the pandemic created more remote learning. But I am confident that you will see the non-revenue sports on the road 2 weeks at a time to play in several locations.
The point was about how will they handle classes…. You can fly from North Carolina to California in 5 hours….. my daughter plays college basketball and has several 5 hour bussed road trips…. Classes is not a huge issue…. The biggest issue will be cost will be the biggest… will the bigger intake of revenue offset additional costs…. The schools seems to feel like it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back