Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The worst realignment move ever is worse than you thought"

Rutgers’ time in the Big Ten has been a competitive and financial nightmare, compounded by a few salacious scandals. Entering its 10th season in the conference, the football team has gone 13-66 in league play. Meanwhile, despite astronomical increases in shared Big Ten revenue, the athletic department has racked up more than $250 million in debt, according to financial documents obtained by The Athletic and first reported by NorthJersey.com.
--The Athletic

I saw GnR open for Motley Crue in 1987 at the Roundhouse in Chattanooga. Welcome to the Jungle was just rising up the charts. They were awful. Rose couldn’t remember lines and the playing was totally off. Literally booed off the stage after two songs. The only other time I saw that happen was David Lee Roth in 1988 in Knoxville.

By the way, Motley Crue was awesome. This was the Girls Girls Girls tour and they were on point.
Every band sounds like **** in the roundhouse.

Acoustics in a round house are horrible.

Reactions: Mike4Vols
Never like GOAT discussions. Pretty sure Saban has the greatest collection of NC’s of all time BUT BUT BUT where did he get most of them? How many different coaches won NC’s there? Some places have advantages.

Now, I could entertain the discussion if he had an identical record down the road in Starkville. Nothing wrong with seeking jobs with those advantages but they do exist.

They proved it is not automatic during the MIKE years, but it is still there. UCLA has not found the recipe, but they should in BB. KY is obviously in the blessed category. Did not like him but Coach K turned Duke into a power. Time will tell.

Just the way it is.
no coach in discussion for GOAT won NCs at small schools, and then carried it over to bigger schools to win more. Like in your for instance, who in the GOAT conversation coached at MSU? The best schools are the best schools because they went out there and got the best coaches.

Never like GOAT discussions. Pretty sure Saban has the greatest collection of NC’s of all time BUT BUT BUT where did he get most of them? How many different coaches won NC’s there? Some places have advantages.

Now, I could entertain the discussion if he had an identical record down the road in Starkville. Nothing wrong with seeking jobs with those advantages but they do exist.

They proved it is not automatic during the MIKE years, but it is still there. UCLA has not found the recipe, but they should in BB. KY is obviously in the blessed category. Did not like him but Coach K turned Duke into a power. Time will tell.

Just the way it is.
I understand where you’re coming from but I don’t think there’s a more accomplished college football coach than Saban, bar none. I don’t like Bama, but he’s certainly the GOAT in my opinion.

Just the way it is.
Saban is the most accomplished sure, best? No IMO. Tom Osborne was better with what he did at Nebraska and what he had to work with in comparison to Saban. Also crushed Saban and gave him his 2 worse losses of his career 50-10 and 55-14. Also went out on top at age 60 (relatively young for coach retirement). 25 years and his worst record was 9-3-1. Fastest to 250 wins. 83.6% win percentage. All of that. Also you could argue a few more over Saban as well from a coaching standpoint. Sabans resume before Bama was good not great. Had a championship but his resume looked like Jimbo Fisher pre 2008. A championship with a bunch of 7-9 win seasons sprinkled in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back