Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's not particularly close

Then again it comes down to whether you like metal or not
Yah. It's not like comparing Ford and Chevy. It's like comparing a pure sports car to a grand tourer.

GnR were not metal. They were hard blues rock. Metallica was thrash metal to the core (before they expanded their boundaries in the 90s).

I loved poison as well…..me and the band in 1989 in San Juan…..Riki Rachtman (Head Bangers Ball) in there also:oops: between Bobby Doll and Brett….View attachment 568533
Greatest week of my life…..
R.c8f6bcce803b9bd0012ad1d59684accf

We have to start winning championships to expect to land more of these type players. It’s amazing what we do have considering we haven’t won a championship in 25 years…

I would think consistently winning 10-11 games a year and making more prestigious bowls and maybe a CFP berth here and there would probably do the trick vs. having to win a championship before we get the players that everyone insists we need in order to win said championship. Chickens and eggs. Carts and horses, ya know.

Was this man even in the Heisman race???

Carl Pickens is on a real short list of the best athletes to ever play at Tennessee.

And watching those highlights reminded me of a really irksome fact - Tennessee hasn’t played in a Sugar Bowl since Carl Pickens was on the team and we were playing against Derek Dooley as a WR on UVA.

I saw GnR open for Motley Crue in 1987 at the Roundhouse in Chattanooga. Welcome to the Jungle was just rising up the charts. They were awful. Rose couldn’t remember lines and the playing was totally off. Literally booed off the stage after two songs. The only other time I saw that happen was David Lee Roth in 1988 in Knoxville.

By the way, Motley Crue was awesome. This was the Girls Girls Girls tour and they were on point.
I saw GNR open for Crue on the same tour at the Civic Coliseum. I’m biased, as I had been a GNR fan since I found their first EP at Music Jungle several months earlier, but I thought they were great that night. That said, most of the crowd disagreed, as the band was “Crued” off the stage by an audience ready for the headliner.

Saw GNR a few months later in Nashville with Aerosmith. This was AFTER Sweet Cild of Mine was a huge hit, and it was a very different show. I didn’t enjoy it as much, as Axl was already getting his big head and sucking the fun out of the music.

Yah. It's not like comparing Ford and Chevy. It's like comparing a pure sports car to a grand tourer.

GnR were not metal. They were hard blues rock. Metallica was thrash metal to the core (before they expanded their boundaries in the 90s).
Yep. Guns wasn’t anything like Metallica, or anything at all at that point. They were something new.

A sleazy blues rock, that was just raw.

Then they booted Adler, and lost Izzy, and their sound changed.

Reactions: cgarner30
giphy.gif

52-20 Vols.....Peay will put up some pts.......

I certainly don't keep up with Peay football like you do, but if our defense improves as much as we are hoping it will from last year, I don't see little cousin getting much more than maybe a garbage time TD or FG.

I certainly don't keep up with Peay football like you do, but if our defense improves as much as we are hoping it will from last year, I don't see little cousin getting much more than maybe a garbage time TD or FG.
We have playmakers........but lost our best WR to Texas Tech. I'll still say 20 pts.
Saw Bama shut us out last season, but a dropped TD pass and couldn't score on 1st and goal from inside the 5. We had chances.

I do not expect it to be close...........gonna be fun no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back