Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saban is regarded as the best coach in the history of college football. Is he that great of a coach or is he just a great recruiter? He's been able to purchase whatever players he's wanted for years. One of his disciples comes here and seemed shocked that he couldn't get away with bags of cash to recruits. He didn't just all of a sudden start that stuff. It was learned behavior. Saban has won a lot but he's done it with rosters that were usually better than anyone he's played, usually by an astounding amount. Now comes Kirby, same deal. He's been buying players since he got there. Isn't it funny that they want limits on NIL? They see others that can compete with them only legally.

This is really all you need to see.

Head coaching record:
Overall:
280–69–1 (college)
15–17 (NFL)

Address the points
I made that you disagree with, without calling names and then we’ll talk.
LOL, I didn't call you a name. I said you were naïve. If you think Saban hasn't been buying players at an exorbitant level since he got there, you are naive. If he's that great of a coach why does he need to purchase players? Why does he have to have such a talent advantage? Why is he against NIL? Why does he pressure for rules changes that he has difficult defending? He's a coward and a cheater. Have we cheated, sure. Have we cheated at the level Saban has, not even close.

Yep. Guns wasn’t anything like Metallica, or anything at all at that point. They were something new.

A sleazy blues rock, that was just raw.

Then they booted Adler, and lost Izzy, and their sound changed.
Axl wanted to be Queen.

Also, if you're into sleazy blues rock, there's always Faster Pussycat.

LOL, I didn't call you a name. I said you were naïve. If you think Saban hasn't been buying players at an exorbitant level since he got there, you are naive. If he's that great of a coach why does he need to purchase players? Why does he have to have such a talent advantage? Why is he against NIL? Why does he pressure for rules changes that he has difficult defending? He's a coward and a cheater. Have we cheated, sure. Have we cheated at the level Saban has, not even close.

Does it matter what level we’ve cheated at? Either we’ve done it or we havent. And for the record I think that Nick Saban is a far more ethical leader of men than Phil Fulmer or Butch Jones. He’s also a better football coach than both of them combined. I’m so excited for Heupel and think that great things are ahead. Tennessee brought everything that’s happened in the last 20 years on ourselves. It’s not because Nick Saban cheated. I don’t like the man but if he had come to Tennessee in 2007 I would have relished every one of those titles.

Does it matter what level we’ve cheated at? Either we’ve done it or we havent. And for the record I think that Nick Saban is a far more ethical leader of men than Phil Fulmer or Butch Jones. He’s also a better football coach than both of them combined. I’m so excited for Heupel and think that great things are ahead. Tennessee brought everything that’s happened in the last 20 years on ourselves. It’s not because Nick Saban cheated. I don’t like the man but if he had come to Tennessee in 2007 I would have relished every one of those titles.
Your Saban nut hugging makes me want to vomit. As to ethical, are we discussing the same "leader of men" that didn't discipline players found with guns and weed in their car? Are we talking the same Nick Saban that didn't discipline his player for punching a female? You definitely have a different standard of a good "leader of men" than I do.

You gotta be joking…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back