Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is no one mentioning Animal House?

Yes, it is funnier than Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. And Vacation.
Made in 78. My OP is specifically talking 80s and 90s. Love Animal House, though.

I can't understand what the last part of your post says, I don't speak outofyourmind.

It's the same no matter which option you choose in theory (assuming similar tax rates over time...middling investments). It is the prize amount (1.5bb or 2bb whatever) minus fed and state taxes.

You'll end up with ~50-63% of the prize after federal taxes and depending on state taxes after the 30 year annuitization period. There's no world where you end up with only 1/3 of the money to spend on your own. The government takes its taxes and that's it. It can be on the backend (annuity option) or upfront at the 37, 39 whatever percent if taking the cash option. Same for states.
A dollar today. It’s the time value of money.

Give me the hit on the lump sum.
I’ll pay tribute to the State.

And I’ll go about putting that capital to work. My preference.

The lump sum payment is about half. Then you would have to pay taxes. So if the lottery was $1.5bil. The lump sum payment would be around $750mil. Then you’d had to pay 24% in federal taxes and any state taxes as well if applicable. Lottery is a voluntary tax. It’s the people giving money to the government.

FYP. Not saying it’s right, but it’s voluntary!

My recurring dream is that it's near the end of the second semester of my senior year of college, and I'm looking through some old papers and find my class schedule. While looking at it, I realize I'm still enrolled in a class that I haven't attended since the beginning of the semester. It's also a class I need to graduate. The rest of the dream is spent in a panic trying to contact the professor and find out if it's possible to salvage my grade.

Apparently it's an incredibly common post-college dream. I actually sort of lived it, but it wasn't a class for me, it was meeting with the graduation coordinator to ensure everything was good to go. I didn't meet with her until the last minute, and it was sort of up in the air until a day or two before graduation as to whether my name would get called.
I have had that same dream except I’m in a panic trying to find the classroom to take the final and the professor changed the location! I sit in what I think is my classroom but no one looks familiar and I realize the subject is wrong. I ask the prof and he tells me the class moved somewhere else in the building…the rest of the dream is dashing about in a panic…I graduated a minute or to ago and still have the dream occasionally!

I have had that same dream except I’m in a panic trying to find the classroom to take the final and the professor changed the location! I sit in what I think is my classroom but no one looks familiar and I realize the subject is wrong. I ask the prof and he tells me the class moved somewhere else in the building…the rest of the dream is dashing about in a panic…I graduated a minute or to ago and still have the dream occasionally!
I didn't realize so many people have a dream similar to that.

I'm not a big fan of Freud, for reasons not worth going into here, but he is interesting, and he briefly discusses this as a common dream in Interpretation of Dreams, iirc, or some like place.

He says it is a very common dream, and that is really about some challenge or problem the dreamer is worried about in the future and in their present. It's not about college at all. He says the "meaning" of the dream is that the dreamer should have confidence. Just as he or she had anxiety about school years ago (what the dream is recapitulating) but succeeded, so they will also with the new challenge. In other words, it's a reminder to oneself that some former anxiety was needless, as this one likely will be too. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of Freud, for reasons not worth going into here, but he is interesting, and he briefly discusses this as a common dream in Interpretation of Dreams, iirc, or somewhere.

He says it is a very common dream, and that is really about some challenge or problem the dreamer is worried about in their future in their present circumstances. Not about college at all. He says the "meaning" of the dream is that the dreamer should have confidence. Just as he or she had anxiety about school years ago, but succeeded easily, so they will with the new challenge. Make of that what you will.
I'm not sure how reliable his interpretations are, but he makes a dang good saw blade. . .

I don't have that dream, but a lot of people here do. . . mine is a werewolf/bigfoot constantly hunting me in a parking lot while I'm try to get any antenna to fight it, 😂
😂 I am so glad I am just trying to remember what class I have been forgetting to go to and desperately trying to find a paper somewhere with my schedule so I can see if it’s too late.
I wonder why it’s in a parking lot?

I'm not a big fan of Freud, for reasons not worth going into here, but he is interesting, and he briefly discusses this as a common dream in Interpretation of Dreams, iirc, or some like place.

He says it is a very common dream, and that is really about some challenge or problem the dreamer is worried about in the future and in their present. It's not about college at all. He says the "meaning" of the dream is that the dreamer should have confidence. Just as he or she had anxiety about school years ago (what the dream is recapitulating) but succeeded, so they will also with the new challenge. In other words, it's a reminder to oneself that some former anxiety was needless, as this one likely will be too. Make of that what you will.
I’m not so sure. I never forgot a class! I always knew where my schedule was. I didn’t really have anxiety about school. I loved the challenge and loved learning. So maybe there’s something I am not sure about so my subconscious is telling me…hey, you didn’t forget any classes so you won’t forget what you’re doing here either. Is that the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back