Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SoilVol in his downtime...
D56730W.jpeg

😂 That’s how I do it. Worst and best case. Then just say the median is the likely outcome. (That didn’t work last year!) I got in the habit of using McGill for worst case and Bass for best case. Guess I’m just going to have to use Doc for best case from now on!

Whatever happened to Bass? Seems like not all that long ago I was listening to that podcast of his that ultimately got shut down...

I think we’re likelier to win than not, but I do believe it will be uncomfortably close and will stress us all out.

You can bookmark this to rub my face in it if we DO romp.
I concede that a lot of us may stress, but I think the point that Heupel's teams are full of fight and do not think of themselves as belonging to losses as long as two decades ago is also valid.

🧡Like I said before, I don’t know how any TN fan cannot be rooting for Joe!! I so want him to succeed!

And I apologize in advance to anyone I deem it necessary to jump down their throat for saying anything about Joe! Because I don’t think any of you have worked as hard or been such a help to the other players on our team as Joe.
If you recall, I changed my avi to Milton back when and because so many people, including nearly the entire FF and some here, were dogging Milton out and writing him off.

I'm on the Milton train and proud of it.

Ruth leads him in every important category.
That is true.

Better in the abstract. Other pitchers lead Sandy Koufax in lots of categories, few were better.

If Lou Gehrig doesn’t get sick, if he gets 18 seasons (pretty standard then) - he’s the greatest.

You’re taking 3400 hits, 650 2B & HR, 2500 RBI & Runs.
Not to mention the rings.

If you recall, I changed my avi to Milton back when and because so many people, including nearly the entire FF and some here, were dogging Milton out and writing him off.

I'm on the Milton train and proud of it.
I'm on the Milton train and I'm nervous at the same time. If we get the Joe from the bowl game, we're going to win a ton of games. But...

I'm on the Milton train and I'm nervous at the same time. If we get the Joe from the bowl game, we're going to win a ton of games. But...
Well you could have said the same thing about Hooker or any player. Don't restrict Joe's success to that one game. Look at his season long performance.

And as for the Vandy game, I don't understand people who don't grasp that that was in near monsoon conditions and you could sometimes literally see the ball sway in the air. My take on that game is that Milton kept the long ball threat alive when others could not have done it, with the result that Vandy could never stack the box, even in that weather. Thus our RBs absolutely ran wild.

Well you could have said the same thing about Hooker or any player. Don't restrict Joe's success to that one game. Look at his season long performance.

And as for the Vandy game, I don't understand people who don't grasp that that was in near monsoon conditions and you could sometimes literally see the ball sway in the air. My take on that game is that Milton kept the long ball threat alive when others could not have done it, with the result that Vandy could not stack the box even in that weather. Thus, our RBs absolutely ran wild.
I was at the Vandy game. Mental Note: Bring 'frogs' covering for rainy games (and cold). Going in to last year, I was 'less nervous' about Hendon. Just give me 'consistent Joe' and we'll go far (with good pass protection).

I was at the Vandy game. Mental Note: Bring 'frogs' covering for rainy games (and cold). Going in to last year, I was 'less nervous' about Hendon. Just give me 'consistent Joe' and we'll go far (with good pass protection).
Awesome that you were there! Jealous! Y'all really represented.

Let's just stay calm if he makes a mistake. Peyton and Hooker made mistakes. Breathe and stay calm and cheer on. I would worry that this last comment might "jinx" him, but I don't believe in jinxes, and no QB has ever not made mistakes. 😂

Hope y’all will join so you can have opportunities to join awesome events like this!!

Join The Volunteer Club

I saw the email. If I were in Knoxville I’d be all over this event. It’s a brilliant move to create more value for memberships and add to the NIL coffers. I hate that I’m out of state and can’t make it, but maybe this is the impetus I need to finally return for good.

Treylon Burks knee injury at joint practice with Vikings. Carted off field. If serious then I think that's a terrible blow to the Titans.

IDK. I missed it as usual.
Edit… not sure why that didn’t quote the person that asked me about Bass, but phone is acting funny.

I saw the email. If I were in Knoxville I’d be all over this event. It’s a brilliant move to create more value for memberships and add to the NIL coffers. I hate that I’m out of state and can’t make it, but maybe this is the impetus I need to finally return for good.
Wish there were other perks for out of staters but it's fallen on deaf ears

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back