Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
These weird narratives about guys for the crime of not being our coach is always dumb. When he was OC at ECU he was one of the nicest and most approachable assistant coaches I’ve met. Helped a young 8188 learn a lot about the game.

At the clinic when I met him, he put a dip in, grabbed a beer, kicked his boots up on a disk, and said “shoot” and let us coaches pick his brain all night. Met LSU assistant Sloan there too. Great guys.

Edit: May be wrong about the dip, it was a long time ago. But the rest is accurate for sure
He let his QB write f*** Utah in his nails without any repercussions.

Glad you had a good experience with him though!

These weird narratives about guys for the crime of not being our coach is always dumb. When he was OC at ECU he was one of the nicest and most approachable assistant coaches I’ve met. Helped a young 8188 learn a lot about the game.

At the clinic when I met him, he put a dip in, grabbed a beer, kicked his boots up on a disk, and said “shoot” and let us coaches pick his brain all night. Met LSU assistant Sloan there too. Great guys.

Edit: May be wrong about the dip, it was a long time ago. But the rest is accurate for sure
There are coaches for other teams we like. There are coaches we don’t like. Can’t think of anything about LR I have ever liked. But I have never sat down with him to ask questions. If it makes you feel better I never liked Butch or Pruitt.

I remember the good ole days as a student playing against the BBall players during the off season (both women's team and men's team). I can attest to the fact that Dog Roth had crazy long arms. Took a shot at least 6ft away from him and he blocked it. Believe Dyron Nix was out there as well. Good times.
We played rec league against a few football players. The only one I remember was Vando Davis. They were all drunk off their ass and they still ran us by about 40.

I doubt Caleb came to him and said “hey coach I’m about to do this, that’s fine right?” I mean even if he did it’s football… remember when a reporter asked Darrell Taylor “what’s going to happen tonight?” And he said “we’re going to woop their fing azz”? That’s not classy…it’s football…
There is a difference saying something once prompted and painting F the other team on your fingernails before the game on multiple occasions. If you paint your nails, it ain't football

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back