Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
F3607zAW4AAuS7s

That's definitely a wolf spider

I don't know how they make money. My son went to the one up at the interstate a few weeks ago. He went in, there was literally no one in the store. Not talking about a lack of customers, I'm say no one. No clerks, no one stocking. Completely empty store. He wondered if the rapture had occurred. He could have carried off the store.
The only one I've seen around my region is right by where I work, in a 1-stoplight town 30 minutes away from the city.

Literally 1 person works there any hour of the day and max customers is 3. It's downright sad. They just use self-checkouts and the 1 person is either stocking or on their phone. Not sure how it sustains. But it does.

Last edited:
We're getting one less than a mile from my house. It's at a 4 way stop. I can go left at the stop and find a DG 5 miles in that direction. I can go right at the stop and find a DG in that direction.

Dollar general will not rest until every man, woman, and child in America has their own personal dollar general.

We're getting one less than a mile from my house. It's at a 4 way stop. I can go left at the stop and find a DG 5 miles in that direction. I can go right at the stop and find a DG in that direction.

Local saturation is literally their business plan.

The ultimate turtling business strategy. 🤢🤮

Meanwhile they'll sell you X product for $1 at .50 an ounce, while a regular (dare I say even local) grocier would sell it to you for $2...but at .25 an ounce...

They're not even economically efficient 😒 Apparently each store reaps a 20% profit margin headed straight to the corporate entity. Not quite the margins you'd expect from a high-volume, low-margin industry...and the money doesn't stay in the local community. Just paying a couple folks near minimum wage.

Good for nobody as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
I have information on those coaches that would make your skin crawl. We're lucky as hell to have Heupel

Oh yeah buddy, sure you do.

I bet you had top secret classified info on the moon landing and a super secret source on the grassy knoll too.

Yep, the entire coaching community is deplorable except ours. There’s no way in hell that people are blinded by fandom… Tennessee is just the only last bastion for decent human beings in college football.

This all adds up quite nicely. No discrepancies here.

I bet you had top secret classified info on the moon landing and a super secret source on the grassy knoll too.

Yep, the entire coaching community is deplorable except ours. There’s no way in hell that people are blinded by fandom… Tennessee is just the only last bastion for decent human beings in college football.

If you want unbiased opinions about Tennessee coaches, this is probably the wrong board to be looking for them

Just went back and re-read most of the 2022 Bama game thread. Reliving that game--that entire night--will never get old for me. I don't think I went to sleep until around 2-3 a.m. that night. Just gorged on post-game content all night.

Hopefully you read post-game and onward for the good vibes. Bc I’m sure the first time Bama scored folks were calling for a loss.

I've been bitten dozens of times by spiders, and never by those two. If they get in your sheets at night or in your clothes and you shuffle around and bother them (or if they get hungry, I suspect, but I don't have proof), they'll definitely bite you. And they itch worse than any other bug bite.

When I was a kid I woke up one morning with a spider bite. By midday my wrist looked like it had a golf ball attached to it. The area was hot to the touch like it was running it's own fever and def. itched like crazy. I don't remember it hurting very much but I do remember feeling run down/sick.

Is 2023 the most anticipated season since '98 after the '97 season? '00-'01? '15-'16? . .

I think '15-'16 @ #3 falls just behind '00-'01 as #2, then '97-'98 as #1. Does this season' anticipation jump any or all of these?

I actually was more excited for ‘16. I’m excited for this year, but I’m thinking it’s a 9-3 type year. In ‘16, I had convinced myself we were a playoff contender.

Funny in retrospect since the ‘23 Vols would likely destroy the ‘16 Vols, coached as they were by Butch Jones

😂 not impossible for some to know some of these coaches. I knew Freeze from his time at Lambuth. Honestly thought he was a good person. He always threw out that story about Tennessee being his dream school and taking his wife to Neyland etc. Pruitt coming in as well had quite a few stories surrounding him, none good.

Reactions: Volunteer821
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back