Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually was more excited for ‘16. I’m excited for this year, but I’m thinking it’s a 9-3 type year. In ‘16, I had convinced myself we were a playoff contender.

Funny in retrospect since the ‘23 Vols would likely destroy the ‘16 Vols, coached as they were by Butch Jones

I remember watching a pregame video of Butch before the 2015 UGA game. He looked like his head was going to explode, and he was telling the players "don't be afraid to make a mistake!" but his body language and demeanor made it clear that HE was terrified of making a mistake. He was wound so tightly and his teams played that way.

As douchey and cringey as the Tuohy's seem. Oher is prob in the wrong here, bad optics.

All I know is that no one likes the Tuohys. You can't even find OM people that will defend them because they have such a bad reputation for how they treat those around them. In fact, you'll find a lot of OM people that deeply dislike them because they've had contact with them. I'm not sure Oher's case would stand for a lot of reasons but it really seems his entire complaint is that they lied to him about being family and now he feels used. Usually, there's not much recourse in cases like that but if they get a public black eye over it, it won't hurt my feelings.

I actually was more excited for ‘16. I’m excited for this year, but I’m thinking it’s a 9-3 type year. In ‘16, I had convinced myself we were a playoff contender.

Funny in retrospect since the ‘23 Vols would likely destroy the ‘16 Vols, coached as they were by Butch Jones
I'd take some talent from that defense though..

Oh yeah buddy, sure you do.

I bet you had top secret classified info on the moon landing and a super secret source on the grassy knoll too.

Yep, the entire coaching community is deplorable except ours. There’s no way in hell that people are blinded by fandom… Tennessee is just the only last bastion for decent human beings in college football.

This all adds up quite nicely. No discrepancies here.
You'll see the truth soon enough

All I know is that no one likes the Tuohys. You can't even find OM people that will defend them because they have such a bad reputation for how they treat those around them. In fact, you'll find a lot of OM people that deeply dislike them because they've had contact with them. I'm not sure Oher's case would stand for a lot of reasons but it really seems his entire complaint is that they lied to him about being family and now he feels used. Usually, there's not much recourse in cases like that but if they get a public black eye over it, it won't hurt my feelings.
Thats not to say they're right. Or wrong. But at any point in all this, they coulda adopted him. He has his own money. Let it go.

We're getting one less than a mile from my house. It's at a 4 way stop. I can go left at the stop and find a DG 5 miles in that direction. I can go right at the stop and find a DG in that direction.
In Grundy we have very small towns. In one of those cities they are building a 2nd DG one mile from the first one that just opened!!!

I'm not pushing it but why didn't they adopt him? I don't know if it's about the money for Oher so much as feeling like he was betrayed.
Because they are OM boosters and steered him towards that program. Conservator status presented no problems sanction wise for some reason. Adoption did.

Because they are OM boosters and steered him towards that program. Conservator status presented no problems sanction wise for some reason. Adoption did.

Yep. That was the entire point of conservator status but if the Tuohy's genuinely cared about Oher they could've done an adult adoption after he'd left OM.

Oh yeah buddy, sure you do.

I bet you had top secret classified info on the moon landing and a super secret source on the grassy knoll too.

Yep, the entire coaching community is deplorable except ours. There’s no way in hell that people are blinded by fandom… Tennessee is just the only last bastion for decent human beings in college football.

This all adds up quite nicely. No discrepancies here.

You are like all the other coaches who are not CJH.

Yep. That was the entire point of conservator status but if the Tuohy's genuinely cared about Oher they could've done an adult adoption after he'd left OM.
Not sure of the need for adult adoptions, especially for someone who just made millions in the NFL. You can care deeply for someone and not adopt adult-adopt them.

Not sure of the need for adult adoptions, especially for someone who just made millions in the NFL. You can care deeply for someone and not adopt adult-adopt them.

Some people really want a family. So it matters very much to be seen as an equal son or daughter. Otherwise, you're just the odd man out.

goofy-shy.gif

Getting complimented by Dr. @SoilVol
Not a Dr.... yet 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back