Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re just flip everybody huh

I don’t know how Georgia has enough room. Currently, they have 26 commitments. Here are the # of players they’ve signed over the past 4 years:

2023: 30
2022: 30
2021: 20
2020: 25

They’ve had several players leave early for the draft but that’s still a big number.

They lied to him. They said they were adopting him when they actually put him in a conservatorship. And when it happened, he wasn't a multi-millionaire, he was a kid who thought they genuinely cared about him. Now, all these years later, he's left thinking all they really cared about was getting him to OM and money. He thought he was family, now he just feels used.

At least, that's my take on it.
Again, I was responding to a quote that said, basically, that the conservatorship was probably what they needed to do legally at the time, but "if they really cared about him" they'd adopt him after he went to the NFL.

To question that logic is not to defend what they are claimed to have done while he was a recruit. Maybe they took advantage of him and are just scuzzy people. I get it. But to question the need to adopt a grown millionaire to prove your affection is not siding with them. It's just pointing out that you don't need to adopt a grown man of means to prove relationship.

You guys are making my point for me, by the way. If they were as seedy as claimed, is adopting a grown millionaire going to all of a sudden make them great people who did right by him? And if they'd done right by him all along, and built true relationship, would an adult-adoption be what's needed to clear up the misunderstanding, now that he's a grown man of means?

Geez. Talk about the epitome of white savior complex, to think that some poor, underprivileged, adult black millionaire needs to be adopted by a white family to make it all better.

Reactions: butchna
I don’t know how Georgia has enough room. Currently, they have 26 commitments. Here are the # of players they’ve signed over the past 4 years:

They’ve had several players leave early for the draft but that’s still a big number.
They use common core math to stay at their limit.

Hey guys, I'm not an insider by any stretch of the imagination, but Reedy high school is about 2 miles from my house so I'm gonna try to get to some of Max Andersons games this year.
The superintendent, at our golf club, has a son who plays on the same team with Max and they've been best friends since they were about 6 years old. I'm sure he'll tell me about the games that I miss. I'll try to give some updates on Max soon.

Again, I was responding to a quote that said, basically, that the conservatorship was probably what they needed to do legally at the time, but "if they really cared about him" they'd adopt him after he went to the NFL.

To question that logic is not to defend what they are claimed to have done while he was a recruit. Maybe they took advantage of him and are just scuzzy people. I get it. But to question the need to adopt a grown millionaire to prove your affection is not siding with them. It's just pointing out that you don't need to adopt a grown man of means to prove relationship.

You guys are making my point for me, by the way. If they were as seedy as claimed, is adopting a grown millionaire going to all of a sudden make them great people who did right by him? And if they'd done right by him all along, and built true relationship, would an adult-adoption be what's needed to clear up the misunderstanding, now that he's a grown man of means?

Geez. Talk about the epitome of white savior complex, to think that some poor, underprivileged, adult black millionaire needs to be adopted by a white family to make it all better.
They're scuzzy because they lied to him all along. They let him think he had been adopted for decades. They even profited off of the story. If they really cared about him, they would have simply told him the truth rather than selfishly lying for so long.

They're scuzzy because they lied to him all along. They let him think he had been adopted for decades. They even profited off of the story. If they really cared about him, they would have simply told him the truth rather than selfishly lying for so long.
It looks that way. So, why would we think they need to adopt him as soon as he became an adult millionaire?

ETA: The nerd in me think we need to edit from scuzzy to SCSI.

Reactions: Glitch and Bms4880
It looks that way. So, why would we think they need to adopt him as soon as he became an adult millionaire?

ETA: The nerd in me think we need to edit from scuzzy to SCSI.
I don't think they need to adopt him now. I don't think he should want that. Screw 'em.

Reactions: OrangenSC
All about the movie royalties.....

You have to look at transfers out, medical redshirts, blue shirts (or gray shirts, I can't remember which one of them isn't possible anymore). They also didn't seem to have a ton of COVID seniors, so it all sounds feasible to me.

Reactions: The Vin Man
I think that guy on the right is @NorthDallas40
Some of the first schematics I worked on as a junior bird man EE back in the late 80’s were hand generated on velum using glue on premade symbols. I remember watching the draftsman take one out of the drawer we were updating and when he held it up a big chunk of the symbols fell off 😂

Some if the first schematics I worked on as a junior bird man EE back in the late 80’s were hand generated on velum using glue on premade symbols. I remember watching the draftsman take one out of the drawer we were updating and when he held it up a big chunk of the symbols fell off 😂
You're really old.

The legal issue would be that as soon as Oher signed the conservatorship, the Tuohys had the legal obligation to represent his interests.

By law they would have needed to start immediately by informing Oher of the fact that a conservatorship is not the equivalent to an adoption for people 18 and older, that the attorney they had hired to represent him committed a serious act of legal malpractice and a major ethics violation (subject to loss of her bar license) by not advising him and/or wrongly advising him of the facts. The attorney too, knowingly acted against her client's interests. (Her client is the person she represents, explicitly not the payor).

The Tuohys were required by law as Oher's exclusive legal representative (Oher himself was rendered legally incompetent at law to represent his own interests) to learn from themselves(!) immediately why the Tuohys had broken their longstanding and repeated word to him they would adoption him, and to spill the beans on the apparent truth that the conservatorship was not a mere shattering betrayal in itself, but also a clandestine ploy to coverup major NCAA rules violations by the Tuohys. That conservatorship was never conceived or enacted in Oher's own interest.

That as a legal adult, Oher could choose any school that he wished, and that he should reasonably keep in mind in his decision that the Tuohys had just backstabbed him and lied to him about his adoption. That the Tuohys deeds demonstrated that they had their own interests at heart and knowingly had violated Oher's interests and desires.

The Tuohys would have had by law to have advised him immediately to seek non-crooked legal representation to rescind immediately the conservatorship and to report to the court what the Tuohys had done and why.

They would have had by law to have advised him that they (the Tuohys) committed numerous NCAA violations in his recruitment without his knowledge and that they lied to him repeatedly about adopting him. That the conservatorship was a design -- flagrantly inadequate to the eyes of any reasonable person, but somehow as it seems acceptable to the NCAA -- to use a legal maneuver to somehow break with impunity NCAA regulations. That Oher was in no way at fault. That the Tuohys situation with the NCAA in no manner effected Oher's eligibility at any other school.

I could go on.

Tricking Oher into signing a conservatorship means that the Tuohys' legal obligations to Oher were effectively immediately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back